Georgia SUSA: Romney 50 Obama 42 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Georgia SUSA: Romney 50 Obama 42 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia SUSA: Romney 50 Obama 42  (Read 1869 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 31, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »

Interesting that MO and GA seem to be tracking quite closely. In the end I think GA is a bit more Republican but the trend is evident.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »

When you take it into context, it really doesn't look too bad for Obama.

I'm not delusional enough to believe that Obama will win the state, but you do see a slow and steady progression towards swing state status. In a 50/50 election, it looks like it would be about 54 Romney 45 Obama. Georgia will be interesting to watch in the next few cycles.
And also, if Romney wins Georgia by more than McCain did, wouldn't that technically be a trend toward R, and not D?

No, that would be a swing towards Romney. If the swing is greater than the national swing, it would be a trend towards Romney. What I was pointing out above is that Missouri seems to be trending towards the Republicans, being up 8 in a 2 point Obama race while Georgia is trending slightly towards the Democrats. Still, there is a long, long way to go before Georgia becomes a true swing state.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies