Which of these four health care system models do you prefer and why? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:08:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of these four health care system models do you prefer and why? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which health care system model do you prefer?
The Beveridge Model

The Bismarck Model

The National Health Insurance Model

The Out-of-Pocket Model

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Which of these four health care system models do you prefer and why?  (Read 7945 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: July 31, 2012, 07:47:26 AM »

I voted Out-of-Pocket, since that's closest to what I want, though I don't believe in denying healthcare to someone who can't pay (who should then be indebted to the hospital, except for a few special groups which could be provided insurance by the government -- veterans, the elderly who cannot provide for themselves, children under 18 whose parents cannot provide for them, and pregnant women who cannot provide for themselves).

The fact that you "don't believe in denying healthcare to someone who can't pay" doesn't change the fact that that is the practical effect of the policies you support.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

Ideally I would like the Beveridge model but a robust NHI model at least as a basic option is an absolute minimum even in a Bismarck style of system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies