NY-01: Public Opinion Strategies (R): Altschuler beats Bishop (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  NY-01: Public Opinion Strategies (R): Altschuler beats Bishop (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-01: Public Opinion Strategies (R): Altschuler beats Bishop  (Read 1307 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »

This really does not surprise me. Does the Pub running against Steve Israel in NY-02 have any gravitas?  For some reason, the gurus don't have the NY-02 in play, which has puzzled me. Israel is a hyper partisan, chairman of the House Dem campaign committee, so it is not as if going out of the box he has cross over appeal.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »

The presidential numbers aren't really believable, so that makes the rest of the poll not believable.

Maybe. NY-01 can be a somewhat volatile CD. It has been in the past. And I think it still has a substantial defense industry presence, an industry that is going to be sending 60 day layoff notices to its workers due to the defense budget sequester which is still the law at the moment. That isn't going to help Obama with this cohort of voters, and their relatives, friends and neighbors.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »

This really does not surprise me. Does the Pub running against Steve Israel in NY-02 have any gravitas?  For some reason, the gurus don't have the NY-02 in play, which has puzzled me. Israel is a hyper partisan, chairman of the House Dem campaign committee, so it is not as if going out of the box he has cross over appeal.

Isn't NY-02 the district Peter King is running for reelection in? I think Israel is runing in the third now. http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/NY

OK, my bad. NY-03 then. In any event, it is not being marked as in play.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies