Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:19:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 23979 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

No, it is not only in my mind. How can you deny that he is hiding his tax returns?! It's literally a fact that he is hiding his tax returns from the voters!!!!!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

Apparently all those Republicans that urge Mittens to release his tax returns have drunk the Obama Kool Aid.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »

They are not demanding he release the returns to satisfy some standard. They are recommending he do so as a means to get this behind him. The problem is that they also don't know what is in them and thus don't know calculus behind Romney's decision not to do so.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »

It's actually really funny how similar this is to the Birther conspiracy and how much the Dems are denying the comparison. Tongue
There is a fairly obvious difference here -- releasing one's tax returns is standard for a presidential campaign; releasing one's birth certificate isn't.

An even more obvious difference is that Obama released his birth certificate.  Romney stubbornly refuses to release his tax returns.  Given the example set by his own father, I can't for the life of me see why Romney didn't arrange his tax affairs in the past decade to be in a position to do so without having to worry about something politically embarrassing being on there.

By the way, does anyone know offhand if any of the people on Romney's short list has released their own tax returns already and if so, how many years?  It would be embarrassing at this point for the running mate to be more forthcoming on this petty issue that the Mittbot is.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »

Romney is not probably hiding something; he is hiding something. He's hiding all but one year of his tax returns from the voters. That's an objective fact.

He. Is. Hiding. Something. From. Us.

Now you can speculate as to his reasons, but you can't deny that he's hiding something, because that's a true fact.

Only in your mind, my friend, only in your mind.  Not in fact.

And once you can give me some proof of your vile accusations, come back and see me.  Then we'll talk.   

...you seriously think Romney released his tax returns to the standards for Presidential candidates? You seriously think that that objectively happened in the empirical past? Are you ing serious?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2012, 06:42:04 PM »

And just why should anybody take seriously the allegations of some sleaze Senator with an axe to grind from an unnamed anonymous source, if he or she exists at all? 
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2012, 06:43:02 PM »

Because Romney is objectively hiding something. There's not any real indication as to what but it's an empirical fact that he is.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »

You calling John McCain a liar?

McCain saw Romney's tax returns and he says there is nothing untoward about them.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

Good for McCain, but after all, you're calling Harry Reid a liar. Why can't the rest of us see them?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2012, 07:04:26 PM »

Because either way you spin it, if "the rest of us" sees them, "the rest of us" will spend three months bothering Romney about non-issues in his tax returns.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

That might be the case now but it wouldn't have been if he'd just done it all at once like pretty much every other Presidential hopeful since his father. And are you implying that we won't spend three months bothering him about why won't he release his tax returns if he doesn't? Because we totally will.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »

And the reason the smear campaign against Romney will continue by the sleaze Obama campaign and by sleaze artists such as Reid, is because Obama is so totally in over his head and has absolutely no clue whatsoever to do about the U.S. economy, is to create a smoke screen and a diversion to take away from the fact that Obama has no clue what to do about the U.S. economy, in which unemployment is in fact on the rise.

And the fact that unemployment is on the rise under Obama is an absolute fact.

zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »

A democratic in the know told me Reid beats his wife....
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »

A democratic in the know told me Reid beats his wife....

Well, if some anonymous Democratic source who doesn't have the guts to say it in public told you that Reid beats his wife then it must be true.

You guys are aware that Landra Gould Reid is in chemotherapy, right? What happened to chronically ill wives being off-limits for this sort of rhetoric, even considering that I know you're not being serious?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »

If someone accused Reid of beating his wife without disclosing his source it would seem like a cheap smear.

If someone accused Reid of beating his wife without disclosing his source and also it was standard procedure for senators to take a lie detector test about whether they beat their wife and Reid was the only one to refuse to take the test, even after the accusation, I'd say it's fairly likely that the accusation was true.

Only thing we know for sure is 10 years ago Romney asserted he paid taxes in Massachusetts.  Then it came out that was false.  Now he's asserting he paid "a lot of taxes".

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »

Now, here is the absolute definitive truth

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-republican-chairman-calls-sen-reid-a-dirty-liar-on-romneys-taxes-20120805,0,3653522.story

“I think he’s lying,” Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.) said on CNN about Reid. “I think he’s created an issue here. I think he’s making things up.”

“I’m not going to respond to a dirty liar,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said during an interview on ABC’s "This Week." The host, George Stephanopoulos gave him a chance to temper his remarks.

“You stand by that — you think Harry Reid is a dirty liar?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“I just said it,” replied Priebus.

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »

Now, here is the absolute definitive truth

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-republican-chairman-calls-sen-reid-a-dirty-liar-on-romneys-taxes-20120805,0,3653522.story

“I think he’s lying,” Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.) said on CNN about Reid. “I think he’s created an issue here. I think he’s making things up.”

“I’m not going to respond to a dirty liar,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said during an interview on ABC’s "This Week." The host, George Stephanopoulos gave him a chance to temper his remarks.

“You stand by that — you think Harry Reid is a dirty liar?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“I just said it,” replied Priebus.

Lindsey Graham is a hackish eunuch and Reince Priebus is an idiot. There, I said those things. Does that make them true?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

Graham and Priebus have spoken more truth than that sleaze hack Reid has.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »

Graham and Priebus have spoken more truth than that sleaze hack Reid has.

Such as? Just because you call Reid a sleaze hack doesn't make it true. I could call you a sleaze hack...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 10:03:07 PM by OBAMA = NIXON II »

Lindsey Graham is a hackish eunuch and Reince Priebus is an idiot. There, I said those things. Does that make them true?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Yeah and by calling Reid a liar, you aren't proving your point either. But Reid is winning because he is keeping this story in the news.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »

Yeah and by calling Reid a liar, you aren't proving your point either. But Reid is winning because he is keeping this story in the news.

Actually, Reid will ultimately lose in the end, because sleaze purveyors always lose in the end.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Difference is, Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong if he wants.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »

Actually, Reid will ultimately lose in the end, because sleaze purveyors always lose in the end.

Not really. Plenty of sleazy politicos and operatives have long, lucrative careers. Look at how well Karl Rove is doing after his candidate's legacy collapsed.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Difference is, Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong if he wants.

You have just admitted that there is absolutely nothing wrong or untoward or dishonest with Romney's taxes.

Thank you for finally admitting that.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies