Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:59:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 23995 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »

Lindsey Graham is a hackish eunuch and Reince Priebus is an idiot. There, I said those things. Does that make them true?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Difference is, Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong if he wants.

You have just admitted that there is absolutely nothing wrong or untoward or dishonest with Romney's taxes.

Thank you for finally admitting that.  

Or has he? If there is nothing wrong, why won't Romney show?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »

When someone says

"Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong"

that means that Romney's taxes are honest and that Reid is the liar.

Therefore, since you know that Romney's taxes are honest, and Reid is the liar, you have no need to see his taxes as you have already admitted there is nothing wrong with his taxes. 
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »

When someone says

Therefore, since you know that Romney's taxes are honest, and Reid is the liar, you have no need to see his taxes as you have already admitted there is nothing wrong with his taxes. 

Stop playing dumb, he meant that the onus is on Romney to prove that he payed taxes given his questionable tax history. IF he did nothing wrong, then there's nothing to hide...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2012, 10:50:39 PM »

How do we know if Reid is a liar? Maybe he is right. There is only one way to find out....
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »

I think by now it's pretty clear that we will never find out.

Also, while we're wasting posts talking about nothing:

Osama bid Laden must be alive because Obama never released the photos. The onus is on the president to prove me wrong.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »

When someone says

Are you serious? Yeah, Romney can prove Reid wrong if he's lying, but he hasn't for god knows what reason. Do I doubt that Romney paid absolutely no taxes for 10 years? Yes. Do I think Romney is hiding something? Definitly. Either way, you're looking too much into what I said, and I know you're playing stupid with your assumptions and definitions.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »

How do we know if Reid is a liar? Maybe he is right. There is only one way to find out....

It looks like we might find out more about Reid's financial situation before we know more about Romney's.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2012, 11:18:46 PM »

Well, Comrade my friend, you are the one who made the statement that "Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong,"that being the case, therefore, if he can prove Reid wrong, then Mitt's taxes would have to be in order, otherwise, if Mitt's taxes can easily prove Reid right, that would mean that Mitt's taxes would not be in order.

Therefore, what you said, is that Mitt's taxes are in order.

That being the case, we have no need to see Mitt's taxes, as they are in order anyway.

You said so yourself.  Don't blame me for what you said.

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2012, 11:25:38 PM »

Meh. I'm not going to try since I know it's useless.

And I know that for sure.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2012, 11:44:07 PM »

Well, Comrade my friend, you are the one who made the statement that "Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong,"that being the case, therefore, if he can prove Reid wrong, then Mitt's taxes would have to be in order, otherwise, if Mitt's taxes can easily prove Reid right, that would mean that Mitt's taxes would not be in order.

That being the case, we have no need to see Mitt's taxes, as they are in order anyway.

I dislike you so much.

Mitt can just as easily prove Reid right. There.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2012, 11:50:29 PM »

I dislike you so much.

Ah, Jones, you hurt my feelings.  Don't do this to me. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2012, 11:59:32 PM »

I dislike you so much.

Ah, Jones, you hurt my feelings.  Don't do this to me. 

OK, then, I dislike your obstinate nitpicking at every goddamn word people say.

We're assuming Mitt's a nice guy, but, given the tactics we know he's used (offshore bank accounts and the like), there is reason to suspect that they might not be all right.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2012, 12:24:17 AM »

You and Conrad have opposing views I see.

Dissension in the AntiRomneyites.

Always good to see.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »

You and Conrad have opposing views I see.

Dissension in the AntiRomneyites.

Always good to see.
Well, Conrad's always been a rebel of sorts. Oh that Conrad. Crazy guy.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »

It looks like we might find out more about Reid's financial situation before we know more about Romney's.

Why is that?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/harry-reid-mitt-romney-taxes-10-years.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

The fierce pushback from Republicans against Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) appears to only be fueling his quest to tear down Mitt Romney over his finances. The Senate majority leader is telegraphing that he has no interest in letting up.

The latest salvo in the intensifying spat comes from Reid’s chief of staff David Krone, who upped the taunts by calling Republicans “a bunch of cowards” and “henchmen for Romney” in an interview with Politico late Sunday night.
“To turn it around, all their childish rants this weekend about calling Reid a ‘liar’ and all that, it just shows you how scared they are that Harry Reid was telling the truth,” Krone told the paper.

The tactics mirror a brand of vicious, no-holds-barred campaigning that Republicans have in recent decades bested Democrats at using.

“It’s a boxer’s instinct,” Reid’s spokesman Jentleson told the New York Times. “You find your opponent’s weak spot, and until he finds a defense, you keep pounding it.”
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »

Why is that?

Folks are confused as to how he got rich while in office. The Pubs are digging into it. Stay tuned.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:39 AM »

Why is that?

Folks are confused as to how he got rich while in office. The Pubs are digging into it. Stay tuned.

This should be interesting. No one has dared to [Inks] with Reid in decades. I wouldn't want to be the Republican charged with tracking this down unless I'd already had cause to be neutered.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »

Maybe Reid will send some Vegas bouncers after those charged with doing the dirty work. The guy is such a badass! I completely underestimated him.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2012, 12:41:41 PM by OBAMA = NIXON II »

Why is that?

This should be interesting. No one has dared to [Inks] with Reid in decades. I wouldn't want to be the Republican charged with tracking this down unless I'd already had cause to be neutered.

Hey, if the Republicans get a hold of some dirt on Reid, they will tear Reid apart.

And I'll take Reid's attitude that he has to everyone else, I could care less how badly they damage him.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2012, 01:17:13 PM »

If dirt on Reid exists and is obtainable, I would think it would have come out in the Senate race two years ago.  However since Mitt is unwilling (or unable) to discredit the message, the GOP will have to do its best to discredit the messenger.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »

Reid doesn't seem to be concerned.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79415.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2012, 01:56:55 AM »

If Reid's clams are false, wouldn't McCain and Schmidt be the two most credible people to strike them down? They saw Romney's tax returns back in 2008 when he was vetted for VP. What are they saying about all this?

McCain has refused to comment.. why doesn't he just come out and say that Reid is lying or has a BS source?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »

If Reid's clams are false, wouldn't McCain and Schmidt be the two most credible people to strike them down? They saw Romney's tax returns back in 2008 when he was vetted for VP. What are they saying about all this?

McCain has refused to comment.. why doesn't he just come out and say that Reid is lying or has a BS source?

For all we know, McCain is Reid's source.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2012, 05:22:48 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2012, 05:26:03 AM by KINGTHLAYER »

I want to add that I find the Republican glee at digging up dirt on Reid to be absolutely idiotic. What a complete and total waste of the GOP's time and resources. Now the focus of the news cycle and blogosphere iis on Reid's financial records, instead of on Obama's economic one. Well played, fellas.

And what does Reid have to lose, even if they find something?

He is likely retiring at the end of this term, which won't be up until 2017.
He's set as majority leader until the end of the year.
He's not closely affiliated to the campaign to make any scandalous discovery a threat to Obama's chances.

Is it really worth it? Why not just ignore Reid?

Instead of all the mock outrage at Reid, why don't you pressure Romney to release his goddamn tax returns. Honestly, its been the standard for every politician to do it for over three decades, and Romney himself made political hay over his previous opponents not doing it.

The real reason Republicans are frothing at the mouth over Reid's statements is because they know that he is saying what a lot of voters could be imagining: Romney won't release because he is hiding something.

And just incase a Republican here tries to argue that they are angry because Reid is making damaging, unverified claims about Romney, I have two words for you: death panels.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies