Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24278 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 31, 2012, 04:13:59 PM »

It really is not possible for Mittens to have paid no taxes like that, unless, as is highly unlikely, he had large operating loss carry forwards, or failed to pay himself and used complex stock option arrangements where the strike price was at market value (also highly unlikely). Reid of course knows about as much about taxes as my long dead pet cat, so his yippings on this, and repeating of the hearsay of someone equally ignorant,  do not surprise me.

Dude, I'm sure he knows as much as you about taxes, the point is his statement has nothing to do with taxes - it is beautiful politics.  Reid is great.  We need more smear-artists on our side.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:02 AM »

There is no downside for Reid. He  "repeated" what "someone else" said, and even pointed out that it could be completely false. The people of Nevada won't remember this in 4 years

Precisely!  Every Democrat should be out on the talk shows demanding to see Romney's taxes and implying he's a criminal.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »

Quick question for those who believe in the IRS: If the IRS failed to properly collect taxes from a multi-millionaire for over a decade while bringing the hammer down on countless middle class people for petty sums of money, what does that say about their competence and value to society?

My friend, you're blaming the maid because your frat-brothers made a mess in the house.  The society is filthy - any society that would allow such inequality can only be described as filthy - and the IRS, while in theory a step in the right direction, in effect really doesn't change a thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies