Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:31:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24222 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: August 03, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »
« edited: August 03, 2012, 04:24:44 PM by Senator Sbane »

Romney should just release his tax returns to put these people in their place. Or perhaps there is something there..... Since I strongly oppose all these little loopholes in the tax code which helps the rich and connected pay less taxes, I am enjoying watching Romney squirm.

And just to make clear I don't think there is anything illegal in there. I just don't think he paid his fair share (fairness not being synonymous with legality). When a person making just 60-80k realizes he is paying the same rate as Romney......
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »

Romney isn't deceiving anyone in this. He is trying to prevent further deception by the Obama opposition research team, by not providing them with the instrument for such.

So why are his taxes so complicated? Of course this is a great argument for tax simplification as well but Romney should have been paying way more in taxes than he did. That's the problem here, not deception by anyone.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:50:39 PM »

How do we know if Reid is a liar? Maybe he is right. There is only one way to find out....
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »

How do we know if Reid is a liar? Maybe he is right. There is only one way to find out....

It looks like we might find out more about Reid's financial situation before we know more about Romney's.

Why is that?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »

Maybe Reid will send some Vegas bouncers after those charged with doing the dirty work. The guy is such a badass! I completely underestimated him.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »

I am not arguing that Romney did anything that is illegal or unethical, it is just that his tax activities highlight his ultra-wealth and his working of the system to get himself a better deal.

Do you think this makes middle class Americans like him more?

Oh it may hurt him a tad. But working the system within the law is what America is all about. I don't think most Americans would hold that against him. That is what they would do if they were in his position - almost all of them. And I don't think most are opebo types, who dislike people (at least on a political level) simply because they are rich. They kind of admire rich people, at least those who earned their dough legally.

The problem comes in October when he has to go on the national stage and explain why people like him should be given more tax cuts while spending on medicare and social security is cut. Of course he won't say that will he? Maybe just spout out some platitudes about how government sucks and perhaps attack welfare queens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies