Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:29:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24129 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »

Maddow (she's the only talking head I can stand) had a great little piece on Romney's intransigence here. He used the same exact tactics when he was running to be Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 and Democrats wanted to disqualify him because he did release his taxes which they felt would reveal that he wasn't even an official resident of MA. He talked tough, told the press to trust him and then at the latest possible date, after incurring a lot of damage, he released his returns: he had to retroactively pay his taxes in MA. He wasn't a resident until he was running for higher office in MA and realized it would be a liability.

If his tax returns were clean, he'd release them as soon as possible.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »

It's actually really funny how similar this is to the Birther conspiracy and how much the Dems are denying the comparison. Tongue

It's not similar at all...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies