Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:50:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24083 times)
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« on: August 07, 2012, 01:56:55 AM »

If Reid's clams are false, wouldn't McCain and Schmidt be the two most credible people to strike them down? They saw Romney's tax returns back in 2008 when he was vetted for VP. What are they saying about all this?

McCain has refused to comment.. why doesn't he just come out and say that Reid is lying or has a BS source?
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:22:48 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2012, 05:26:03 AM by KINGTHLAYER »

I want to add that I find the Republican glee at digging up dirt on Reid to be absolutely idiotic. What a complete and total waste of the GOP's time and resources. Now the focus of the news cycle and blogosphere iis on Reid's financial records, instead of on Obama's economic one. Well played, fellas.

And what does Reid have to lose, even if they find something?

He is likely retiring at the end of this term, which won't be up until 2017.
He's set as majority leader until the end of the year.
He's not closely affiliated to the campaign to make any scandalous discovery a threat to Obama's chances.

Is it really worth it? Why not just ignore Reid?

Instead of all the mock outrage at Reid, why don't you pressure Romney to release his goddamn tax returns. Honestly, its been the standard for every politician to do it for over three decades, and Romney himself made political hay over his previous opponents not doing it.

The real reason Republicans are frothing at the mouth over Reid's statements is because they know that he is saying what a lot of voters could be imagining: Romney won't release because he is hiding something.

And just incase a Republican here tries to argue that they are angry because Reid is making damaging, unverified claims about Romney, I have two words for you: death panels.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 04:21:51 AM »

I am not arguing that Romney did anything that is illegal or unethical, it is just that his tax activities highlight his ultra-wealth and his working of the system to get himself a better deal.

Do you think this makes middle class Americans like him more?

Oh it may hurt him a tad. But working the system within the law is what America is all about. I don't think most Americans would hold that against him. That is what they would do if they were in his position - almost all of them. And I don't think most are opebo types, who dislike people (at least on a political level) simply because they are rich. They kind of admire rich people, at least those who earned their dough legally.

No one who is really rich made their dough ethically, and probably not legally. 

This is a joke right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies