Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:41:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24246 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« on: August 01, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »

Liberals are just grasping at any issue that takes voters minds off the economy; and make Romney seem like an evil wall street capitalist shark. 

I'll tell you what is in Romney's tax returns, probably the same stuff that was in the past 2 years!  Since 2008, he has been a private citizen without a full time job.  His income is derived from speeches and investments.  Should he disclose every investment he's made in his lifetime?  Maybe or maybe not. 

He's been involved with a lot of businesses; and some of those takeovers have been controversial.  Liberals are just trying to grab onto anything controversial that would make Romney look bad based on his past investments, and business operations. 

He probably has paid less in Income tax because he hasn't had a full time job since 2002.  Most of his taxes are capital gains.  It might seem lower than the average middle class worker, but that is the nature of the industry he was working in.  Romney retired from full-time work in 2002, so why would he have to pay taxes if he had very limited income tax? 
If nothing is wrong with it, then why doesn't he just release them? It makes no sense if there's nothing controversial in his tax returns, but he refuses to release them even though all it does is raise questions and is a net negative. Btw, it isn't just Liberals. Hardcore conservative politicians have asked him to release them too.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »

Lindsey Graham is a hackish eunuch and Reince Priebus is an idiot. There, I said those things. Does that make them true?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Difference is, Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong if he wants.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »

When someone says

"Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong"

that means that Romney's taxes are honest and that Reid is the liar.

Therefore, since you know that Romney's taxes are honest, and Reid is the liar, you have no need to see his taxes as you have already admitted there is nothing wrong with his taxes. 
Are you serious? Yeah, Romney can prove Reid wrong if he's lying, but he hasn't for god knows what reason. Do I doubt that Romney paid absolutely no taxes for 10 years? Yes. Do I think Romney is hiding something? Definitly. Either way, you're looking too much into what I said, and I know you're playing stupid with your assumptions and definitions.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:25:38 PM »

Meh. I'm not going to try since I know it's useless.

And I know that for sure.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »

You and Conrad have opposing views I see.

Dissension in the AntiRomneyites.

Always good to see.
Well, Conrad's always been a rebel of sorts. Oh that Conrad. Crazy guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies