Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:49:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24082 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: August 02, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »

I heard Obama was the worst student in the history of Harvard Law.  He almost never went to class and his professors covered for him for an unknown reason.  This is undeniably true unless BO releases his transcripts and produces some authentic term papers.  He has done so much damage to himself by keeping everything about his past as secret as possible...     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2012, 04:45:44 PM by AmericanNation »

whenever a poster starts with "I heard..." you know what comes next is the most ridiculous BS ever (on both sides).

Either link to credible sources or don't make $#!T up

I'm thinking AmericanNation was making a snarky, comparative statement (correct me if I'm wrong). Why should we believe Reid's BS more than AmericanNation's when they are holding the same amount of evidence to substantiate their claims?
exactly.
Mondale doesn't understand how it is illogical to like Reid's crap and hate mine, when they are in fact the same thing.  Intellectual inconsistency has been successfully exposed!

I don't think you understand how the Harvard Law Review works.
And that's why he became president of the law review...stop being an idiot, you useless troll
Typical bad argument by a lefty:  "you're dumb, you're dumb, you're dumb; I'm smart, I can call you names, no I will not substantiate my statements with facts or a logical argument!!!, you're soooo dumb."
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »

I don't know if you're a dumb, AmericanNation, but you're certainly an ignorant if you think someone can become the president of the Harvard Law Review while being "the worst student in the history of Harvard Law."
I don't think that, I created a perfect parody of Harry Reid.  If you think my parody is ignorant, than you think Reid's statement is ignorant.  Simple logic. 

Romney has decided to make the conversation be about his taxes, and to keep the subject there as long as possible. I say, indulge him.
What ? 
"Mitt Romney presents one enormous problem for Barack Obama’s campaign: No divorce records. That’s why the BO and the media is so hot to get their hands on Romney’s tax records for the past 25 years. They need something to “pick through, distort and lie about” — as the Republican candidate says.
Obama’s usual campaign method, used in 100 percent of his races, has been to pry into the private records of his opponents.
Democrats aren’t going to find any personal dirt on the clean-cut Mormon, so they need complicated tax filings going back decades in order to create the illusion of scandal out of boring financial records.
Romney has already released his 2010 tax return and is about to release his 2011 return. After all the huffing and puffing by the media demanding those returns, the follow-up story vanished remarkably quickly when the only thing the return showed was that Romney pays millions of dollars in taxes and gives a lot of money to charity." -AC
...boy, that is perfectly said. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 01:53:45 PM »

Romney is now responding to Reid by saying he paid lots of taxes.

The word that's missing is "income."

Romney has surely paid a lot of property taxes on his estates in New Hampshire and on the California coast.
...It's hard to imagine why someone would hesitate to put detailed and complicated documents in front of such a well behaved and intelligent mob.  

Did he have any income to pay income tax on?  man o man.    
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:05:48 AM »

Romney has released his return from last year and will release his return from this latest year (like he said he would).  Imagine the hesitation at giving a mob of people, calling you a witch, what they're asking for.  If he gave them 20 returns they would go crazy about him making money and paying the appropriate amount of taxes on it.  "15% capital gains is less than your income rate!!!!!  arghhhh!!!!!  he's a witch!!!" 
Harry Reid and Obama both have illegal land deals in their past so I expect that to come up soon.  Mitt Romney made a lot of money, paid a lot of taxes, and bought his own land.  Harry Reid and BO, not so much.       
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »

What's with this meme that Obama is making up issues because he can't run on the real issues or that he has nothing to run on??

Healthcare reform (upheld in the Supreme Court no less)
Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal
Killing of Osama Bin Laden
Successful end to war in Iraq
Successful operation in Libya

And this may sound crazy, but I really believe that Obama could run solely on the economy and win. Most voters still blame Bush for the bad economy than Obama. He can tout the 4 million jobs created, an unemployment rate that has dropped 2 percentage points from its highs, and remind voters where we were when he was elected and took office and compare that to where we are now- not great but much much better. And better yet, remind voters that Romney's economic plan is nothing new or effective.

Obama is not running from his record on the economy because he doesn't need to. And he's brought up these other attacks not because he needs a smoke screen, it's because Romney is a terrible candidate who has skeletons in his closet. Any candidate would bring these things up in any race because they're effective attacks.
Polling was done on that recently.  More people blame Obama than Bush, but neither is close to a majority. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies