Brazilian Municipal Elections 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:22:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazilian Municipal Elections 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brazilian Municipal Elections 2012  (Read 5199 times)
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« on: October 02, 2012, 06:06:12 AM »

Patrus continua crescendo e Haddad tb Smiley
Dilma went to her first rally at that campaign for Haddad. Although Russomanno supports her, she was pressed to go to campaign for Haddad.
My list of endorsements:
Feira de Santana (my hometown) - Zé Neto (PT), my personal friend
Salvador (city where I'm living) - Nelson Pelegrino (PT)
Sao Paulo - Celso Russomanno (PRB) (I'm PT supporter but I don't like Haddad).
Recife - Humberto Costa (PT)
Fortaleza - Elmano de Freitas (I took even a pic with mayor Luizianne Lins who endorses him)
Rio de Janeiro - Marcelo Freixo (PSOL)
Belem do Para - Edimilson Rodrigues (PSOL)
Manaus - Vanessa Grazziotin (PC do B - she'll defeat Artur Virgilio again and again).
Porto Alegre - Manuela D'ávilla (PC do B)
Curitiba - Ratinho Junior (PSC - his father is Brazilian Jerry Springer)
Sao Luis - Edvaldo Holanda Jr. (PTC - current mayor is PSDB and PT is supported by Sarney's gang).
Belo Horizonte - Patrus Ananias (PT).
I went to rally with Lula here in Salvador.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

Chalita never would support Serra. He left PSDB because of him.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »

Election Night in 2012
Curitiba: A upset is going to happen... Incumbent mayor Luciano Ducci is going to be out of run-off. Fruet (PDT) got to be in run-off with Ratinho Jr. (PSC).
Paes (PMDB) is going to win a epic landslide against Freixo, 69-26. Rodrigo Maia is going to be smashed.
Fernando Haddad (PT) and Jose Serra (PSDB) will get in runoff, defeating favourite Celso Russomanno (PRB)
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »

Russomanno is most likely to support Haddad because PRB is supporter of Dilma.
Carlos Amastha (PP) is first mayor of capitol city to win, in Palmas.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »

In party of victory in Recife, Campos (PSB) is together with his former foe Jarbas Vasconcellos (PMDB).
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »

One last question I have is why the clientelistic parties have so much support?

The clue is in the name.

There's this, besides voting in Brazil is heavily based on personality and people rather than partisan labels which are entirely meaningless. Besides, these "parties" shower goodies on people and that helps to maintain their standing.

Random question: is the incumbent PSB mayor of Belo Horizonte allied with the local centre-right or something?
Lacerda is from a left-wing background. He was fired from Minas' phone company because his opposition to military regime and built a business empire. He became a supporter of Ciro Gomes and entered politics. He went to be Aecio's Secretary and got to be elected mayor. He ran to the right of Patrus Ananias.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »

In RS, Ana Amélia lost supporters after she endorsed Manuela D'Avila. I think that she prefers to stay in Brasilia, although she would be very electable. If she refuses to run, retiring mayors Fetter Jr. (PP-Pelotas) and Sartori (PMDB-Caxias do Sul) can run. Fogaça can try another run too. For Senate, I believe that favourite is Beto Albuquerque (PSB). In Pelotas, if young state deputy José Antonio "Catarina" Palladini got into run-off, it would be hard.
In Paraná, I don't believe that Greca will try Senate. He failed even to get a seat at state legislature. Many say that Richa plans to force Dias out of ticket, as he had one agreement with Rubens Bueno (PPS), failed running-mate of Ducci. He can go with one member of Barros family of PP as running-mate. Senate candidate for Hoffman would be most probably former senator Osmar Dias (PDT). Ratinho Jr. (PSC) can be running-mate for all candidates as he would be a good asset and he hasn't senatorial age.
In Santa Catarina, Florianopolis' win is in a sea of defeats for Colombo's PSD. They failed to win in Joinville, Blumenau and Colombo's home city of Lages. But they won in Berger's stronghold of São José.
Alexandre Padilha, although from São Paulo, votes in Santarém, Pará. A good candidate for running-mate in São Paulo would be one of Ota couple (Congresswoman Keiko and future Town Councillor Masataka). They're parents of a guy who was killed in a kidnapping.
For Minas governorship, Aecio can offer spot to PSB to attract Campos' support or try for PSDB with Castro family (Danilo and Rodrigo-father and son), congressman Marcos Pestana and even his sister Andrea Neves. PSDB supported candidates failed to make into runoff in some cities and Aecio played role of kingmaker, supporting PMDB in Juiz de Fora and even PC do B in Betim against PT.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies