President Napoleon's Open Press Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:06:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President Napoleon's Open Press Conference
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: President Napoleon's Open Press Conference  (Read 1502 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »

Members of the press and other citizens are welcome. I will be answering questions here prior to my State of the Union address.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 12:59:03 AM »

What do you feel your biggest accomplishment has been thus far.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:04:01 AM »

What do you feel your biggest accomplishment has been thus far.

While I can in no way take sole credit, the establishment of Senate committees is a major accomplishment, something I was a big proponent of as a Senator, and I expect it to help bring some organization and cooperation to the Senate. I am excited for myself and my administration to be able to work closely with these committees.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »

Mr. President, an Other Than Honorable (OTH) discharge is the most severe form of discharge, administered when a servicemember engages in conduct that brings discredit on the service, is convicted of a serious crime by a civilian court, or requests such a discharge in-lieu of a court-martial. Could you explain in full your logic for extending full military benefits to such people?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 09:18:47 AM »

Mr. President, an Other Than Honorable (OTH) discharge is the most severe form of discharge, administered when a servicemember engages in conduct that brings discredit on the service, is convicted of a serious crime by a civilian court, or requests such a discharge in-lieu of a court-martial. Could you explain in full your logic for extending full military benefits to such people?

Other than Honorable discharge is not the most severe. Bad Conduct discharges and Dishonorable discharges are much worse. Senator Redalgo put forth concerns that I thought were poor reasons to take away someone's benefits. Our servicepeople work hard and sometimes even risk their lives, and I found it shocking that such minor issues would be considered appropriate by some to remove those benefits. In no way do I want to see more Other than Honorable discharges, but I don't believe in taking excessively punitive measures simply because the backloaded compensation we have structured makes it possible. CEOs can run their companies into the ground and get $20the million in severance pay, but a soldier risking his life for our safety could lose it all for being unfaithful to his wife? I can't in good conscience move the country toward that.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »

What progress have you made in Getting Bi Partisanship in you Administration?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:29 AM »

What progress have you made in Getting Bi Partisanship in you Administration?

The laws I have signed have all received support across party lines in the Senate and make positive changes such as the Saving over Spending Act that will reduce government waste. I have also assembled a qualified Cabinet that has members of other parties like MCPR, Labor and even Whig.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »

Other than Honorable discharge is not the most severe. Bad Conduct discharges and Dishonorable discharges are much worse. Senator Redalgo put forth concerns that I thought were poor reasons to take away someone's benefits. Our servicepeople work hard and sometimes even risk their lives, and I found it shocking that such minor issues would be considered appropriate by some to remove those benefits. In no way do I want to see more Other than Honorable discharges, but I don't believe in taking excessively punitive measures simply because the backloaded compensation we have structured makes it possible. CEOs can run their companies into the ground and get $20the million in severance pay, but a soldier risking his life for our safety could lose it all for being unfaithful to his wife? I can't in good conscience move the country toward that.
For the record- I find this compromise fair
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2012, 11:59:11 AM by President Napoleon »

Do you have any plans to address Atlasia's unemployment rate, which remains stagnant in the high single digits?

I do. One of my priorities of course is to help recently returned veterans find stable employment. I intend to work with Senator Scott on his proposal and incorporate some job creating ideas. Senator Redalgo and I are working on a bill to establish a national university system which would create construction and education jobs. Finally, the tax reforms included in the budget I intend to sign should help jumpstart our economic engine. Before the August elections I will meet with business and labor leaders and ask SoIA Morgieb to meet with each of the regional executives.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »

My mistake; I meant OTH discharges are the most severe form of administrative discharge, not overall discharge.

What is the administration's long-term strategy for addressing Iran?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 08:15:14 PM »

Mr. President, what are your plans to do about the serious problem of the IDS being responsible for 80% of the awesomeness of Atlasia yet only having ~20% of the land? #OCCUPYATLASIA
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »

Mr. President, what are your plans to do about the serious problem of the IDS being responsible for 80% of the awesomeness of Atlasia yet only having ~20% of the land? #OCCUPYATLASIA

I am looking at claiming Antarctica to be Atlasian land and given that it is about as south as you can get there is only one place to put it. Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »

Mr. President, what are your plans for the violent conquering of Canada?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »

Mr. President, how do you plan to address the fatal epidemic sweeping our nation known as Bieber Fever?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »

Why are you so awesome? Cheesy And on a more serious note, what do you do to address the continually low quality of airport services in the country? Shall we see an update to the FAA's technology, long needed?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »

Mr. President- how is the First Lady doing? I'm referring to the gal at your inauguration....
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »

Mr. President- how is the First Lady doing? I'm referring to the gal at your inauguration....

I have her on the doughnut diet, Senator.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »

Mr. President, what are your plans for the violent conquering of Canada?

Eh?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »

I have her on the doughnut diet, Senator.

If Scott would take note for his poll- I now "approve"
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »

My mistake; I meant OTH discharges are the most severe form of administrative discharge, not overall discharge.

We understand the threat a nuclear Iran could pose to stability in the Middle East region. My administration is monitoring the situation carefully and convincing Iran to cut ties with terrorist organizations is absolutely a top priority.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 01:11:13 PM by President Napoleon »

Why are you so awesome? Cheesy And on a more serious note, what do you do to address the continually low quality of airport services in the country? Shall we see an update to the FAA's technology, long needed?

I am awesome because I am President, I am President because I am awesome. (Jk, because I know some haters will take this out of context)

My administration is looking to ways to make air travel more efficient and convenient, internally and internationally.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »

Mr. President, how do you plan to address the fatal epidemic sweeping our nation known as Bieber Fever?

Bieber is banned from Atlasia.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »

Bieber is banned from Atlasia.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »

What country's flag is that, 20RP12?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »

We understand the threat a nuclear Iran could pose to stability in the Middle East region. My administration is monitoring the situation carefully and convincing Iran to cut ties with terrorist organizations is absolutely a top priority.

Shall you take any action to support any specific factions of th e Iranian political system? (ie: the Green Movement)?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies