Make up a map between you and the preceding poster. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:26:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make up a map between you and the preceding poster. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make up a map between you and the preceding poster.  (Read 52503 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: August 03, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »

President Jones's term is plagued with issues through no real fault of his own, but Senator Nathan of Massachusetts decides to challenge him in the primaries regardless. Nathan's stridently left-wing and somewhat agrarian economic outlook and eclectic stances on a few social issues that depart from liberal Democratic orthodoxy win him the Iowa caucuses, but the President is able to run up margins with more left-libertarian primary voters in New Hampshire, and after a disappointingly narrow win with South Carolina's heavily rural black primary electorate and heavy losses in Florida (due to the Senator's barely-hidden disdain for the state) and Nevada (Las Vegas), Nathan all but suspends his campaign, winning a few more primaries in sparsely populated Western states and his native Massachusetts before endorsing the President.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:38:24 AM »

President Jones's term is plagued with issues through no real fault of his own, but Senator Nathan of Massachusetts decides to challenge him in the primaries regardless. Nathan's stridently left-wing and somewhat agrarian economic outlook and eclectic stances on a few social issues that depart from liberal Democratic orthodoxy win him the Iowa caucuses, but the President is able to run up margins with more left-libertarian primary voters in New Hampshire, and after a disappointingly narrow win with South Carolina's heavily rural black primary electorate and heavy losses in Florida (due to the Senator's barely-hidden disdain for the state) and Nevada (Las Vegas), Nathan all but suspends his campaign, winning a few more primaries in sparsely populated Western states and his native Massachusetts before endorsing the President.

Who are you running against?

Ah, it was a primary between me and Alfred F. Jones, sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Sorry for not posting a map, I had some trouble getting it to work correctly on this computer, which is not my usual one.

*skip*. I'll try to do another with a proper map in a few posts.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:15:24 AM »

Crap, okay, I don't know why I was confused. Sorry, everyone.

*skip*
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2016, 12:06:17 PM by LIVE THE DREAM. PURGE THOSE BOZOS »

This matchup would provide America with a genuine choice, if nothing else, and a really unusual one at that. The campaign would probably be pretty polite because I know I respect Goldwater and I think he respects me.

439-99

Regional strength in the Northeast and a coalition of blacks and single-issue abortion voters in a couple of Southern states preserve me from a 1972/1984-level obliteration, but it's...it's not close. The margins in Colorado and Oregon should probably be higher. Maybe Pennsylvania and New Jersey should be flipped but New Jersey has a lot of FCBSL types in the suburbs and I'm imagining myself shilling perceived similarities to Bob Casey père for all they're worth in Pennsylvania.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies