Make up a map between you and the preceding poster. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:09:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make up a map between you and the preceding poster. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make up a map between you and the preceding poster.  (Read 52500 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

Done as Republican primaries because why not? Gov. and incumbent President 20RP12 of Pennsylvania enters the primary season as the favorite to win a nod for his second term, with his libertarian-flavored conservatism allowing him to win over large sections of the Republican base; however, Rep. SJoyceFla of Florida is running a grassroots insurgency and is expected to perform well in caucuses and open contests; he performs better than expected in Iowa, but 20RP12 still wins overwhelmingly. However, in the New Hampshire primary, SJoyceFla manages to pull off an upset by the slimmest of margins. SJoyceFla does not seriously contest the South Carolina primary, where he is soundly trounced, preferring to focus his efforts on his home state of Florida, efforts which pay off with a win. All eyes turn to Nevada, where SJoyceFla manages to win over enough Clark County voters to outweigh 20RP12's, handing him the victory there.

Heading into Super Tuesday, the momentum seems to be in SJoyceFla's favor, although victories in Michigan and Arizona keep 20RP12 from being knocked out of the race entirely. Wins in crucial states such as Colorado, Maine, and Minnesota have encouraged crucial donations to SJoyceFla's campaign, though 20RP12 still holds a large fundraising lead.

Super Tuesday is inconclusive; both candidates win 5 states each. Contests following Super Tuesday include 20RP12 doing better than before, but his win in Puerto Rico is negated by SJoyceFla's wins in Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the US Virgin Islands.

April proves to be a great relief for 20RP12's campaign. After easy wins in Illinois and Missouri, the campaign shifts to the east. Early April sees SJoyceFla picking off DC and Wisconsin, but 20RP12 holds Maryland. Late-April contests are almost entirely in the Northeast, where 20RP12 is a native and a former Governor, and he does quite well, with SJoyceFla managing to win Delaware but nowhere else.

With the race coming down to its final days, both candidates go all in with ad buys in key states. Texas is exceptionally close, but after several days of counts and recounts, it is determined that 20RP12 has won that state, and with it the right to be referred to as the "presumptive nominee". SJoyceFla pledges to fight on to the convention, and manages to win two more states (New Mexico and Montana) before the close of the primary season, but in the end 20RP12 triumphs, and not even the support of 150+ superdelegates can succeed in giving SJoyceFla the nomination or even making the convention open.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:22:29 PM »

ChairmanSanchez (Constitution-FL)-286
Averroes Nix (Independent-NY)-252

I gave myself an edge in Florida simply for being a native, but the fact is, Florida is a total tossup, and the race between Averroes Nix and myself would be Bush-Gore close. I think I would take Michigan and Wisconsin due to my protectionist views, while I would lose most majority Hispanic states due to my hardline views on immigration.

The preceding poster is supposed to win...

I'll post me vs Sanchez in a couple hours so nobody gets confused about skips or anything.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

Following a stunning defeat in the Democratic primary, libertarian Democratic Representative SJoyceFla (FL-13) declares his independent candidacy for the Florida governorship. The victor of the primary, Rep. Morgan (FL-22), runs as a Democrat. Facing generic Republican opposition, SJoyceFla manages to win his home area, the Keys, and much of North Florida, while Morgan takes much of South Florida and the Orlando area, winning a large enough margin there to take the plurality of the vote.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »

In the election to replace retiring US Senator Susan Collins, it is widely expected that Rep. Scott will waltz to victory. However, the Libertarian Party candidate SJoyceMaine runs a grassroots campaign, promising to make this election interesting and potentially a Senate pickup for the Libertarians.

In the end, Scott is victorious, 54.4% to SJoyce's 45.6%. Undaunted, SJoyce declares his candidacy for Maine's District 2; he is the favorite in the race.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »

In the Nevada Senatorial election to replace retiring Senator Harry Reid (so keep in mind those demographic shifts), the Republican Party fails to nominate a candidate (due to its takeover) and instead cross-endorses independent candidate SJoyceNev, who has great appeal to libertarian rural Nevada but flops greatly in major cities like the Las Vegas area, which by itself outvotes the rest of the state.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »

2014: Governor Rick Scott, in the face of 20% approvals, announces he isn't running for re-election.

Representative Miles (FL-02) faces Representative SJoyce (FL-13) in the Democratic primary. Miles wins easily throughout much of the Panhandle and Northern Florida, forming enough of a coalition between ConservaDems and African-American voters to win the nomination. Teacher and Tampa Bay-backed SJoyce initially plans to withdraw gracefully, till it is revealed that (due to the aforementioned low approvals of Scott) is going to cross-endorse Miles. Disgusted, SJoyce declares his independent candidacy, backed by liberal as well as libertarian groups. SJoyce manages to appeal to the more fiscally conservative voters of Southwest Florida, as well as urban liberals and college students, while Miles appeals to traditional Democrats and North Florida voters. In the end Miles' margins among North Floridians as well as soccon/fiscally liberal voters lets him carry the day.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »

Democrats have their acts together. Republicans do not, and somehow I get nominated. Things go as expected, with the emergence of a socon 3rd party candidate to attract votes from various Southern states. A Person manages to take back for the Democrats West Virginia with a rather populisty economic message, while the West Coast goes slightly for the Republicans due to a socially liberal message coming from the Republican candidate.

Senator A Person (D-IL): 245 EVs, 43% PV
Rep. SJoyce (R-MT): 235 EVs, 38% PV
Gov. Mike Huckabee (I-AR): 58 EVs, 19% PV
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

In the Nevada Senatorial election to replace retiring Senator Harry Reid (so keep in mind those demographic shifts), the Republican Party fails to nominate a candidate (due to its takeover) and instead cross-endorses independent candidate SJoyceNev, who has great appeal to libertarian rural Nevada but flops greatly in major cities like the Las Vegas area, which by itself outvotes the rest of the state.

Who's your opponent?
Republican presidential primary between me and SJoyce:

Trying to restore the Republican party to its former greatness, Congressman Oldiesfreak1854 (R-MI) runs for the Republican nomination for President.  Senator SJoyce (R-FL) runs as a libertarian-leaning candidate against me and attracts support from college students and similarly-minded voters.  My attempt to rebuild the GOP outside the base goes bust as I am attacked as a RINO by the Tea Party movement and many high-profile Republican Party leaders.  Nonetheless, the South and Plains states, put off by SJoyce's social liberalism, vote for me, while SJoyce wins everywhere else save my home state of Michigan, which goes Oldiesfreak as a favorite-son effect, and Utah, where Mormons are also put off by SJoyce's social liberalism.

In that one it was Morgieb, if I remember right.

-SKIP-
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »

Oh, this'll be interesting...

So I, being myself, gain the Democratic nomination through some kind of convention trickery and witchcraft and sorcery, all that good stuff. I have the pleasure of facing off with Gov. Oldiesfreak (R-MI), who is angling to be the first Seventh Day Adventist President (I am aiming to be the twelfth or thirteenth Episcopalian President, depending on whether you count GWB). From the start, it's an interesting race, with states like Alaska and Montana swinging rather strongly towards my libertarian philosophy, while some states in the Rust Belt and Northeast going to Oldiesfreak, with he being a relatively moderate Rust Belt Republican (with even states like Massachusetts swinging, Oldiesfreak running a Romneyesque campaign). Last-minute gaffes by Oldiesfreak (yadda yadda yadda Civil War stuff) hand me states like Georgia and Texas (also rather libertarian states) and make the rest of the region close. I win almost all of the West, exempting the heavily conservative Idaho and Utah, while Oldiesfreak triumphs Midwest-wise and takes advantage of extremely depressed Democratic turnout coupled with his Vermont-ness to take much of the Northeast back into the hands of the Republicans. Final score is a tie:

EDIT: Damn it Cathcon.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »

To make it a little more exciting, the preceding poster is to win. Nevertheless, the map should be somewhat realistic.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2012, 11:38:51 AM by IDS Co-Speaker SJoyceFla »

Jerryarkansas far outperforms myself in the South and pulls off much of the Midwest, while I focus my efforts on Western states more in line with me.

Jerryarkasas (R-AR): 269 EV
SJoyceFla (D-FL): 269 EV
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2013, 05:17:36 PM by SoEA SJoyce »

Sen. SJoyce (D-FL)/Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT): 269 EVs, 48% of the PV
Sen. Jerry (R-AR)/Gov. Mitch Daniels (R-IN): 269 EVs, 51% of the PV

And we see a Jerry/Schweitzer administration. What fun!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2013, 06:56:37 PM by SJoyce »

Rep. Snowstalker (C-PA)/Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (C-WV): 280 EVs
Sen. SJoyce (R-FL)/Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-NV): 258 EVs

Rep. Snowstalker and his running mate Gov. Tomblin manage to build an Appalachian-Rust Belt alliance for the Cogendist Party. He promptly decrees the American Cogendist Union and dismisses the Congress.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies