Why do Lieberman, Cuomo and Romney arouse so much hatred?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:56:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which of the following politicians would you vote for in a presidential election?
Joe Lieberman
Andrew Cuomo
Mitt Romney
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Why do Lieberman, Cuomo and Romney arouse so much hatred?  (Read 2803 times)
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »

When I read through the threads, I promptly realize what all users, notwithstanding their political beliefs, fall into line with.
Calm down, people, they are human beings and yet they are vilified as cancer and scum.
Dislike them, but have some respect, please

Is there any reason for that excessive odium they are brought on?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »

For the record, this board is probably the only leftist-dominated site where Cuomo is actually disliked by most people.  This forum is not representative of the public's opinion and should never be construed as such.

But getting to your question, every politician arouses resentment.  This is a political forum, after all.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »

As far as the poll goes, Cuomo, easily.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

You forgot the "none of the above" option.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »

Lieberman is mostly because of his anti-public option opinion during the buildup to Obamacare, and his neocon-esque foreign policy attitude.

Cuomo is because he's gutting a lot of government-provided benefits in New York that everyone assumed would be safe.

And Romney because Romney doesn't seem to have any core values besides "more money for me".
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »

I don't know if I could vote for any of them.

Incidentally, all three of them are perceived traitors in one respect or another.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »

For the record, this board is probably the only leftist-dominated site where Cuomo is actually disliked by most people.  This forum is not representative of the public's opinion and should never be construed as such.

But getting to your question, every politician arouses resentment.  This is a political forum, after all.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »

Cuomo hate seems to usually be from Democrats who actually look at his record besides the recognition of same-sex marriages. Everyone hates Lieberman, and half of America hates Romney.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

Respect for what? The rape of a state or nation for personal profit? If any of them had an iota of respect for the people they spit in the face of while berating them into "voting" then maybe I'd respect them more.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »

I like all three, to be honest. Cuomo is one of those Democrats I wouldn't feel guilty voting for (in fact I would probably support him against a crazy like Santorum or Gingrich).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »

Cuomo hate seems to usually be from Democrats who actually look at his record besides the recognition of same-sex marriages. Everyone hates Lieberman, and half of America hates Romney.

Roll Eyes
You can't be serious.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »

The irony is, Cuomo is one of my top picks of 2016 potential Democrats, Lieberman is someone I've always liked, and Romney, well, yeah... Wink

This just shows how out of touch I am becoming with America at-large.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »

I like all three, to be honest. Cuomo is one of those Democrats I wouldn't feel guilty voting for (in fact I would probably support him against a crazy like Santorum or Gingrich).

This forum is not representative of any group besides itself.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »

Lieberman's an attention-whoring war mongerer, Cuomo's economics record is quite right-wing, and Romney is a money-grabbing pig without any political principles.

To answer the question, Cuomo comfortably.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »

Lieberman is an authoritarian warmongering dick, and Romney is a bourgeois imperialist bastard.  Don't know about Cuomo.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:55 PM »

Cuomo easily.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »

Cuomo, of course.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »

The Dems listed because they have departed from party orthodoxy, and Mittens, because he is perceived as a threat to them.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 09:58:07 PM »

Fascistman is incredibly oppressive and radiclly authoritarian. If he weren't a Jew, he'd join the American Nazi Party.

Romney is a man with no real principles and is known for "changing his opinions", most infamously on abortion, which shows that he can not be trusted and only desires power and money. He hates the average American almost as much as Fascistman.
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »

Romney is a Presidential candidate, which automatically draws fire from the opposition (just look at how R and D opinion of Obama and McCain, respectively, changed in 2008- though both didn't help their reputation by pandering during their primary/nomination).  He is seen by right-wingers as a liberal for, you know, Romneycare at a time when the Republican base is insisting on true conservatives.  Also the Bain stuff is pretty universal villainy.

Lieberman is, as has been mentioned, a traitor.

Cuomo is sort of the mirror-Romney.  True liberals hate him for his apostasies but will grudgingly support him if he gets the 2016 nomination and conservatives will hate him if he ever becomes a threat.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 11:11:58 PM »

Because breaking from one's party is only valued by the left if that person is a Republican... it amazes me that in today's politics where we look at the Tea Party and other extremists with disdain and we criticize people such as Romney for pandering to his party base- even in this world we brand some one like Lieberman with the label of traitor because he dares go against his party. Here is news for you- Lieberman is a liberal with the exception of a few issues... on this issues even if you disagree with him, you ought to admit he took an extremely courageous stand based on his moral convictions...something that is all too rare in today's politics
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

Because breaking from one's party is only valued by the left if that person is a Republican... it amazes me that in today's politics where we look at the Tea Party and other extremists with disdain and we criticize people such as Romney for pandering to his party base- even in this world we brand some one like Lieberman with the label of traitor because he dares go against his party. Here is news for you- Lieberman is a liberal with the exception of a few issues... on this issues even if you disagree with him, you ought to admit he took an extremely courageous stand based on his moral convictions...something that is all too rare in today's politics

Your understanding of why liberals find Lieberman vile is all wrong. Lieberman, a man of convictions?  Lieberman is a man of convictions when they line up with the convictions of insurance companies, the military industrial complex, status quo nanny-statist, etc., and when they don’t, as we saw with the public option in the health care debate, he changes those convictions to match those to whom he serves. 
Same argument could be made for any politician... change positions for campaign cash or to match public opinion polls
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 12:50:17 AM »

the fact that enough (D)s/left leaners on this site dislike Cuomo is a Godsend -- shows that the avg consciousness on this site is one worth speaking about.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »

Cuomo, if only because he's a Democrat.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 12:56:15 AM »

Well Cuomo is certainly the most honest of the three, even if he does do some lying.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies