Québec: Preferred Premier/Prime Minister (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:46:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Québec: Preferred Premier/Prime Minister (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Or whichever way you want to translate it
Jean Charest (Parti Libéral du Québec)

Pauline Marois (Parti Québécois)

François Legault (Coalition Avenir Québec)

Amir Khadir (Québec Solidaire)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Québec: Preferred Premier/Prime Minister  (Read 1522 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
« edited: August 01, 2012, 04:49:31 PM by Bain Capital »

Discuss.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »

That depends on whether or not in this scenario I am Quebécois (or not).

For me the choice is obvious, Quebecois or not (go Charest!). Although honestly if it was necessary I would support any of the three to stop Khadir.

You're faced with Charest, Marois and Legault and Khadir is the the one you'd want to stop? Roll Eyes
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »

Definitely worth a bump.

I just voted Legault, despite hating all three. I'd vote Liberal or CAQ in my riding, depending on who's more likely to win.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »

I'll take the Liberals, corrupt as they are, over anti-Anglophone bigots. Voted Khadir though.

Sort've my thinking.

This is such a messed up election and i'm so glad i'm not a Quebecois today.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

See the thing is though PQ wants to expand them and basically outlaw all Anglophone colleges. And what would you say if somewhere like Arizona started putting in anti-Spanish laws. That would certainly be racist. I support complete annihilation of the Quebec nationalist parties, like what the Bloc almost got. A shame the PQ didn't follow in the Bloc's footsteps.

And let's be quite frank on who the PQ is really targeting with their French-only drive. The vast majority of immigrants to Canada are anglophone to some extent. Largely because English is essentially the international language and from China to India to the Philippines to West Africa, the foreign language of choice is usually English. And even if they're not, learning one foreign language is often such a struggle, that most simply learn English.  It's just a continuation of the typical Quebecoise Pure Laine repudiation of immigration, at least those involving people who look different from them, a policy and social mindset that puts them way out of line with the rest of tolerant, multicultural Canada. It's why the vast majority of immigrants who have the misfortune of blundering into Quebec but have the fortune of being economically capable of moving, quickly leave for greener pastures.

Yes, this exactly!

The Parti Quebecois are exactly the type of fiscal/populist-left that I shudder at. They just shamelessly barrel scrape and appeal to the worst instincts, fears and bigotries of many of the people that they say they represent.

Up in Scotland, Alex Salmond's always doing it and it's just disgusting. "The Left", to me, shouldn't be about divide and rule and judging by Pauline Marois' rhetoric, she thrives on it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies