Québec: Preferred Premier/Prime Minister (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:25:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Québec: Preferred Premier/Prime Minister (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Or whichever way you want to translate it
Jean Charest (Parti Libéral du Québec)

Pauline Marois (Parti Québécois)

François Legault (Coalition Avenir Québec)

Amir Khadir (Québec Solidaire)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Québec: Preferred Premier/Prime Minister  (Read 1519 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

Charest, speaking as a Québécois.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »

Only Charest or Marois have a shot at becoming Premier, and I'd put odds on Charest simply because he's the better campaigner and this election will be won in the campaign.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »

QS doesn't have a chance at anything except perhaps siphoning votes away from Marois in places where she'd need them to form government.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »

Speaking as an Anglo myself, Marokai's right. A lot of this is internal pressure- and considering that she barely survived a caucus revolt in a party which has overthrown or pressured out 5 of her 6 (except Parizeau) predecessors, internal pressure'has to be taken seriously by any PQ leader who wants to stick around.

Her record in office is that of a technocratic social democrat. In a recent magazine profile she  named her two biggest political accomplishments: educational reform and creation of our public daycare system when she ran those ministries in the last PQ government. Culture was never mentioned except in passing. I'm certain she will pass the language legislation with a majority, less sure about the cultural stuff. To use a Tom Friedman analogy, the Liberals mouth the words while the PQ belts them out. But all 3 parties use the same cultural hymn book in practice, though the Liberals sometimes diverge in theory when in the mood.

On the OP: None of the above. CAQ is too amateurish, Liberals way too corrupt. Charest if forced to choose. Maybe Harvey if I wanted to waste my vote (which is wasted because my riding is overwhelmingly PLQ)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies