New North Carolina Law BANS Scientific Predictions of Sea Level Rise.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:59:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New North Carolina Law BANS Scientific Predictions of Sea Level Rise.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New North Carolina Law BANS Scientific Predictions of Sea Level Rise.  (Read 2110 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2022, 03:14:28 PM »

Ridiculous.  We must follow the science on climate change. Even if it is news people do not want to hear.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2022, 03:38:52 PM »

So much freedom.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2022, 04:23:09 PM »

Actions have consequences. Republicans are more interested in lining their pockets and then making excuses for why they didn't act after the fact. Blood on their hands... this is only the beginning.

I agree but I'm going to be fair and blame Perdue for this too. This law was insane (literally like the phrase "Don't look up" for the eponymous movie), but blood is also on the hands of Bev Perdue for not vetoing this (though in all fairness, it's not just acknowleding facts - it's then doing something about it, which I doubt the NC Legislature would've done anyway). This is absolutely disgusting - deliberately closing your eyes to science and logic for $$$ - but there's no reason to give Perdue a free pass on this, whatsoever. She could've vetoed it and she did not.

But yeah this is sickening and NC's 2012 law (wasn't aware of it till now) was massive, massive HP. If only they'd held off until say 2017 - massive FF and BASED left-winger Roy Cooper would have most certainly vetoed this nonsense, because he's not spineless like Perdue.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2022, 05:24:54 PM »

Actions have consequences. Republicans are more interested in lining their pockets and then making excuses for why they didn't act after the fact. Blood on their hands... this is only the beginning.

I agree but I'm going to be fair and blame Perdue for this too. This law was insane (literally like the phrase "Don't look up" for the eponymous movie), but blood is also on the hands of Bev Perdue for not vetoing this (though in all fairness, it's not just acknowleding facts - it's then doing something about it, which I doubt the NC Legislature would've done anyway). This is absolutely disgusting - deliberately closing your eyes to science and logic for $$$ - but there's no reason to give Perdue a free pass on this, whatsoever. She could've vetoed it and she did not.

But yeah this is sickening and NC's 2012 law (wasn't aware of it till now) was massive, massive HP. If only they'd held off until say 2017 - massive FF and BASED left-winger Roy Cooper would have most certainly vetoed this nonsense, because he's not spineless like Perdue.
Yeah, fair.
Dems certainly have blood on their hands too... it's just less blood in most cases.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 05:43:24 PM »

Link is broken.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2022, 05:44:19 PM »

The thread is more than 9.5 years old. It's understandable.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »

Ah, remember when Stephen Colbert was worth watching? Good old days...
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 09:35:54 PM »

The thread is more than 9.5 years old. It's understandable.

Here are some relevant working links:

New Law in North Carolina Bans Latest Scientific Predictions of Sea-Level Rise(2012), and
North Carolina Literally Passed Laws Against Science on Sea-Level Rises(2018)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2022, 12:43:33 AM »

Yeah, fair.
Dems certainly have blood on their hands too... it's just less blood in most cases.

Democrats (even in 2012) are usually so much more sensible and rational about the environment, and that's what makes Perdue letting this happen (even in 2012) so perplexing and disappointing to me.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2022, 02:45:32 AM »

Why are Republicans so terrified of facts?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2022, 02:50:34 AM »

What a ludicrous law.
Hopefully the next Dem trifecta can repeal this law.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies