South Dakota, Nielson Brothers Polling : Romney 49 Obama 43 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  South Dakota, Nielson Brothers Polling : Romney 49 Obama 43 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Dakota, Nielson Brothers Polling : Romney 49 Obama 43  (Read 1707 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 03, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »

They did reasonably well in 2010 and they focus on South Dakota only.  Given that the poll indicates that freshman Rep. Kristi Noem's race is even closer, maybe there is some buyer's regret going on in that race that is spilling over into the presidential race.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »

Entered:

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=4620120723171

Of the four SD polls we have, three are from Nielson Bros.

Back in December they had an R + 20 result, but in February it was down to R + 9.  The only other poll in the database is a PPP poll from January 2011 that was R+6.  South Dakota is typically only a fraction more Democratic than North Dakota, but the polling has been more divergent, but whether Nielson Bros. or DFM Research (which has two of the three ND polls in the database) is at fault, I can't say.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »

Oh believe me...it may be this close here. because a lot of old war vets are supporting Obama over Romney here.

Really? Why?

Romney has laid down quite a few bellicose chickenhawk positions with his foreign policy.  If he were follow through on his rhetoric without moderating after being elected, we could end up fighting several new and unnecessary wars.  Not that I think he would be that dumb, but foreign policy is one area he is reckless, and I fully expect him to lean towards using military options over diplomacy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies