Race and Desirability
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Race and Desirability
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Race and Desirability  (Read 5524 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 06:34:01 PM »

I see the Evolutionary psychology is strong in this thread. This is inevitable for this board, at least so it seems (in "sex threads" anyway).

As for me, I'm in no position to be picky, so I'm like whatever....

Surely everyone subscribes to at least a few aspects of evolutionary psychology, no?

As I am a person (AFAIK) and thus included in the description of "everyone", the answer would have to be 'no'.

You honestly don't agree with any aspect of it? Why? I'd like to know why I'm wrong.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 06:40:33 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

In terms of what one considers physically attractive, everyone has their own idiosyncracies, and I don't think it's fair to call someone "racist" for being more attracted to certain facial features that are more common among some races than others.  You can't control what you're attracted to, and there's no real "logic" behind it.  If someone says he's attracted for women with red hair, it would be idiotic for me to call him racist.

That said, I really can't relate if you say that you've *never* been attracted to someone of a different race.  Never?  That seems quite remarkable.  Especially if you're white, and you consider, say, Arabs or Latinos or whatever to be different "races".  I mean, they look so close to being white that there's very little difference.

I don't think it's fair either but at the same time I think that there is a very clear history behind why there are strong preferences for relationships within the same ethnicity among whites than the others and why there is such a strong tendency among whites to downgrade other ethnicity's attractive features.

I think one thing that Beet said that has merit and deserves our consideration is the question of why one would want to enter into a relationship with someone who had these ways of thinking anyway.

Oftentimes people who have such preferences are generally tolerant, intelligent and in general good human beings. I wouldn't want to generalize half of society as being bigots unworthy of my attention simply because of their preference. They have little control over such a thing and I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with someone who expressed a preference for one ethnicity over another based on looks.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 06:41:52 PM »

I've never been attracted to anyone who isn't white. I've seen some black chicks that I thought "oh, they're cute" but not in a way that I'm attracted to them. Meh.

I can't relate to this mindset in the slightest. It's a sentiment from another planet to me.

And another era -one that is, thankfully, fading. 

There's nothing wrong with such thinking.

It's not beneficial for you because you're effectively excluded from a good 25% of women no matter how strong their merits are.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

I see the Evolutionary psychology is strong in this thread. This is inevitable for this board, at least so it seems (in "sex threads" anyway).

As for me, I'm in no position to be picky, so I'm like whatever....

Surely everyone subscribes to at least a few aspects of evolutionary psychology, no?

As I am a person (AFAIK) and thus included in the description of "everyone", the answer would have to be 'no'.

You honestly don't agree with any aspect of it? Why? I'd like to know why I'm wrong.

Well on the issue of sexual attractiveness it is worth noting how little in human history and life sex has had conciously to do with reproduction. We are mammals and like mammals we have social sex - the notion of a 'mate' may have little to do with anything.

Furthermore, differences of what defines attractive have changed so much throughout human history and still vary across the world that create rules on this issue seems absurd. (And of course throughout human history whether you were attracted to him/her or not did not matter one fig when it came to your eventual mate(s). There are still large parts of the world that are like this). However, the idea of sexual attractiveness AFAIK seems to be pretty universal - I could give a cod evolutionary explanashun about this. But I could do the same if the opposite happened to be the case. After all, if our 'role' in our lives is solely to reproduce (this idea, though considered Darwinian in some circles, isn't at all really. Creatures don't have purposes) why have this strange pickiness about it?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »

I've never been attracted to anyone who isn't white. I've seen some black chicks that I thought "oh, they're cute" but not in a way that I'm attracted to them. Meh.

I can't relate to this mindset in the slightest. It's a sentiment from another planet to me.

There's nothing wrong with such thinking.

It's not beneficial for you because you're effectively excluded from a good 25% of women no matter how strong their merits are.

Sexual attraction, at least not for humans, is not a particularly logical impulse. We find ourselves attracted to dark hair, light eyes, small stature, long necks for no reason in particular. Is there a method to such madness? Perhaps. I would not be surprised to find studies proving such things. Until, then however, it can only be said that our views are somewhat shaped by culture, but we all have our personal preferences.

I know many people who are well-traveled, well-informed, and generally intelligent people, who simply aren't attracted to people of different races? Have they not had a wealth of experiences? They have.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 09:21:07 PM by Snowstalker »

Wow, you people all have no taste. The prevailing preference on this forum seems to be of gringos.

While you're furiously masturbating to this specimen, I'd like to talk some sense into you. White girls are boring. Let's get that out of the way. Pale skin and a lack of interbreeding leads to a population of plains; a creature like the one above, only about 100 pounds heavier, is probably the ideal for most of the sheltered basement-dwelling whites here. At most, you might be into even paler Japanese; maybe tentacle rape is your idea of "foreign".

However, though you may not realize it due to your lack of contact with the outside world, not all women are pale WASPs. You are all missing out on a world of diversity. In fact, ethnic women are consistently superior; instead of a crop of pale skinny butterfaces and pale fat butterfaces, greater interbreeding and genetic diversity in these groups, especially Latin Americans and some Mediterranean peoples.

Women here are more likely to be what you should be looking for; a curvy (but not fat from American foods) physique, wide hips, and a firm rump. The stick-thin and lily-white types are quite the opposite of the healthy, seductive woman we should pursue. We are supposed to prefer women with large, firm breasts and round hindquarters, gentlemen; it is our mind telling us that she is more fit for birthing and raising offspring who are healthier and will surely be more attractive than what you father with Jane Schluben from Dayton, Ohio. Of course, the lack of ethnic men here, and probably the large presence of similarly pale Anglos, dictates that you will likely not succeed in courting the finer specimens of the human female.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 03:10:31 AM »

I will only date mixed-race people. No exceptions.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »

We find ourselves attracted to dark hair, light eyes
I never found these two go at all well together in a girl. Then again, I sorta-kinda have the combination myself.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 06:34:41 AM »

I don't share or relate to that mindset in the slightest, though it is clear that I have a huge preference for Asian girls over black.  Maybe half of Asian women 18-35 will seem quite appealing to me, but only a much smaller percentage of blacks.  I don't think it is racism in my case but just a very strong body-type preference - thin, angular, etc. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:25 AM »

Though when you do occasionally see thin, smallish Black girls, I find those to be remarkably attractive.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »

Though when you do occasionally see thin, smallish Black girls, I find those to be remarkably attractive.

Oh me too!  Very much so.  Alas, it has been very rare the feeling was even slightly mutual. (also I don't require smallness/petiteness, necessarily, just slim/angular - tall is quite alright).
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 09:51:16 AM »

I don't really know what makes some people seem more attractive than others to different folk. I would guess it's the usual combination of environmental and genetic influences. Race and ethnic nationality are not lines along which I consciously discriminate in terms of judging attractiveness.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies