SENATE BILL: Workers' Liberation Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:13:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Workers' Liberation Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Workers' Liberation Amendment (Failed)  (Read 2373 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »

Are any of the the other stipulations controversial to y'all?

Does D mandate that such a system be provided or does it simply give the Senate to enact such a system if they so choose?

E seems to say that all actions must be of mutual benefit to all their peoples; it seems to be rather restrictive language. What is to be the effect of changing the language from the current language?

On G, does this mean that the government must provide such things effective immediately or is it sort of like the UDHR?

Of course, my issues with F are obvious.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »

Redalgo- I am having difficulty seeing what in particular you are trying to address... I believe this is a fine amendment but we don't have slavery or involuntary servitude in this country anymore. If you believe something in particular classifies as such- an bill addressing that in particular or a criminal charge would be better ways to combat that. Can you simply explain what problems you aim to address why such language is necessary to be added?

He's deleting the "except as punishment for a crime" portion of the slavery article to make it banned in all circumstances.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:40:49 PM »

As for (f), you are the first person to actually say anything about it on the floor of the Senate. Given the extreme unlikelihood of my preferences prevailing on the matter, would you and your colleagues prefer the current flag be substituted and the anthem changed to something of our agreement in this thread pending further deliberation, or is any institutionalization of national symbols going to be a deal-breaker?

Okay then, let's talk about symbols. I like the current flag, and as for an anthem, I propose This Is Our Country by John Mellencamp and We Shall Be Free by Garth Brooks. Take your pick, offer something else, etc.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:50:22 AM »

Alright, it's time for another amendment. If there are still any changes to be made I'll wait until this one either passes or fails. Is the new language relatively satisfactory? Are there other concerns?

(f) A third section shall be added to Article VIII of the Constitution entitled, "Symbols of the Republic," which as its first statement shall read, "The official banner of the Republic of Atlasia shall be as follows:" and then in the space left immediately below display as an illustration this image image. Below that shall be additional text which reads, "The national anthem of the Republic of Atlasia shall be The Internationale sung to the tune of Amazing Grace."

So we're establishing that the national anthem shall be sung to the tune of Amazing Grace but not establishing just what that anthem is?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies