Corby by-election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:25:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Corby by-election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Corby by-election  (Read 13366 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: August 06, 2012, 06:06:37 AM »

Sibboleth doesn't just mean it vote like Motherwell, Corby is very Scottish ( 20% of the population was born there and another third has ancestry), so much so that it's the only town in England apart from London with two church of Scotland churches.  What I wonder though, does this culture make it more left wing than a similar, very English town? From the small amount of digging I've done it doesn't seem so, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Labour should really win this one though, considering the coalition's current popularity levels.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »

What I wonder though, does this culture make it more left wing than a similar, very English town?
Well what would a "similar" English town be? To be at all "similar" it'd still have to be a very working-class place not in sync with its surrounds at all; say the rougher bits of Luton or Slough?

My definition of similar (which could be wrong, I don't know much about Corby) would be like you say working class, completely different from it surroundings, and recently industrial. Perhaps eastern Oxford as well?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies