GOP Wet Dream Team or Nightmare Team? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  GOP Wet Dream Team or Nightmare Team? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is the below a GOP wet dream or nightmare team?
GOP Wet Dream Team

GOP Nightmare Team

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: GOP Wet Dream Team or Nightmare Team?  (Read 3119 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 06, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

This would guarantee Mitt gets the worst results for a Republican since Goldwater.

Plus not only is Petraeus ineligible to be SecDef as has already been pointed out, but Ron Paul couldn't become Fed Chair until February 2014 at the earliest when Bernanke's current term expires.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »

This would guarantee Mitt gets the worst results for a Republican since Goldwater.

Plus not only is Petraeus ineligible to be SecDef as has already been pointed out, but Ron Paul couldn't become Fed Chair until February 2014 at the earliest when Bernanke's current term expires.

Patraeus cannot resign from the military to be Sec of Defense? 

He has to have been out of the military for 7 years to be eligible.  It used to be 10 years which kept Powell from being considered as Sec Def and ensured he'd be Sec State in W's cabinet.  Got reduced to 7 years in 2008 (which I hadn't realized had been done until I saw Joyce's post above), which would have allowed Powell to be Sec Def if that had been the law then.  Petraeus can be the Sec Def for whoever wins the 2020 election.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »

Hold on; I'm confused: Why exactly is Petraeus ineligible for SecDef?

You have to have been out of active duty for 7 yrs to be eligible.

How on earth did you guys know that little detail? I'm impressed!

Because back when it was 10 years instead of 7 years, it kept Powell from being considered for SecDef in W's initial cabinet.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:37:49 AM »

I'm amazed that there are those on the right who continue to lionize Sheriff Arapaio even after he jailed a man for holding a bible study.

It was a zoning issue and Arapaio wasn't the one who ordered him jailed.  "Bible study" sounds like a nice cozy meeting with Salman and a few friends, but 80 is hardly a few.  Salman tried running a full-sized church out of a residential property with buildings on it that are not up to the code standards for those that regularly have as many people assembling there as he does with his church. He was repeatedly warned about this, and if he'd actually built a building suitable to hold services in, he wouldn't be in jail now. (Phoenix allows churches to be built anywhere, but they still have to follow the building codes any other business that had that many people meeting there at one time.) Salman seems to be one of those idiots who thinks because he's a preacher he's immune to civil law.  There are plenty of reasons to ding the Arapaio, but this ain't one of them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies