Old Mitt Romney yet again tries to sabotage the campaign of 2012 Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Old Mitt Romney yet again tries to sabotage the campaign of 2012 Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old Mitt Romney yet again tries to sabotage the campaign of 2012 Mitt Romney  (Read 634 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »

In a speech in 2004, Romney says it's wrong to blame one president for the state of the economy.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/video-proves-mitt-knows-whole-campaign-is-a-lie.html

"The people of America recognize that the slowdown in jobs that occurred during the early years of the Bush administration were the result of a perfect storm. And an effort by one candidate to somehow say, 'Oh, this recession and the slowdown in jobs was the result of somehow this president magically being elected' -- people in America just dismiss that as being poppycock."

It's good to know that Americans still dismiss this tired claim in 2012, which explains Obama's lead in the polls. Also, totally not surprised that Mitt used the word "poppycock" in a non ironic way.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

As usual I always tend to agree with the old Mitt Romney. When he first announced a run for president I was on Team Romney, then he transmorgafied into Romney 2.008 and then RomneyBot 2.012.  I much prefer Romney Classic
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »

As usual I always tend to agree with the old Mitt Romney. When he first announced a run for president I was on Team Romney, then he transmorgafied into Romney 2.008 and then RomneyBot 2.012.  I much prefer Romney Classic

Essentially this, except I'm with Team Romney.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2012, 05:30:31 PM by stegosaurus »

I don't think Romney's message is off-key with this. The argument isn't that Obama caused the recession; the argument is that Obama's policies aren't conducive to economic recovery, even by Obama's own metrics. This is a fair point considering this:

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »

I don't think Romney's message is off-key with this. The argument isn't that Obama caused the recession; the argument is that Obama's policies aren't conducive to economic recovery, even by Obama's own metrics. This is a fair point considering this:

Are you trying to argue that the stimulus didn't help AT ALL? These projections wee made before any economist, Republican Democrat or nonpartisan, knew the true depths of the recession. As the chart said, without the stimulus, unemployment was expected to PEAK at only 9% in fall of 2009, and as we all know, that didn't happen. They thought we only shrunk by about 3% and it turns out we shrunk by about 9%. So your argument is very flawed.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »

I wish Republicans would stop posting that graph without knowing the context of it. It was made in early 2009, when economists believed that the recession was much less severe than it actually was. You see that peak of 8.8% that is predicted if we don't pass the stimulus? Yeah, the unemployment rate was already there in early 2009, we just didn't know it.

It's also misleading that it leaves off the past year, when the unemployment rate has dropped .8%.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »

He knows you do. Eventually he'll bring back Romney Classic, but he'll make you pay more for it. He'll make billions...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies