Why is it always the race card?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why is it always the race card?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Why is it always the race card?  (Read 8516 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »

Oldiesfreak, if a person views different races as so distinct that interbreeding is dangerous, that's racist by definition.  It was only a pervasive racism in society that allowed people to believe in distinct races to the extent of considering them almost different species in spite of the clear as day evidence that characteristics considered racial fall along a continuum.
I know there are many black kids even today that worry that they will get some sorts of diseases if they receive blood transfusions from whites.

How do you "know"?

I know there are many black kids even today that worry that they will get some sorts of diseases if they receive blood transfusions from whites.

Yeah, but Oldiesfreak, they're black, so no matter how ignorant they are they just can't be racist Smiley

No one is saying black people can't be racist...

Yes but the flood of racism expounded by numerous black politicians is barely ever picked up on.

Flood? Sure you aren't just a racist yourself?
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »

Oldiesfreak, if a person views different races as so distinct that interbreeding is dangerous, that's racist by definition.  It was only a pervasive racism in society that allowed people to believe in distinct races to the extent of considering them almost different species in spite of the clear as day evidence that characteristics considered racial fall along a continuum.

How do you "know"?

Yeah, but Oldiesfreak, they're black, so no matter how ignorant they are they just can't be racist Smiley

Yes but the flood of racism expounded by numerous black politicians is barely ever picked up on.

I didn't say anything racist. Its just judging from Jesse Jackson Sr., Chuck Rangel, Julius Malema etc.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »

Ahh the age old defense...

I can keep being racist because black people are racist too! Who wants ice cream???
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »

I can keep being racist because black people are racist too! Who wants ice cream???

I didn't say anything racist you fiend! Sad
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »

I didn't say anything racist you fiend! Sad

It was more of a general statement
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »

How do you "know"?

I didn't say anything racist. Its just judging from Jesse Jackson Sr., Chuck Rangel, Julius Malema etc.

There is no flood of racist comments from black congressman. Sure, it happens from time to time and of course some Blacks are racist, just as is true for any race or ethnicity. But your comment may indicate that you are trying to inflate racist comments from Blacks in order to justify your own racist feelings.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »

Oldiesfreak, if a person views different races as so distinct that interbreeding is dangerous, that's racist by definition.  It was only a pervasive racism in society that allowed people to believe in distinct races to the extent of considering them almost different species in spite of the clear as day evidence that characteristics considered racial fall along a continuum.

How do you "know"?

There is no flood of racist comments from black congressman. Sure, it happens from time to time and of course some Blacks are racist, just as is true for any race or ethnicity. But your comment may indicate that you are trying to inflate racist comments from Blacks in order to justify your own racist feelings.

Shoots himself in head
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »

You are free to explain why you feel the need to make up facts about black congressman.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »

You are free to explain why you feel the need to make up facts about black congressman.

I don't make up factd. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as Hymies, and Rangel

"Fairness dictates that the sons and daughters of the white middle and upper classes share the burden of war".

Plenty of whites have shared the burdens of these wars
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »

Maxine Waters is a very good example of a racist black congressman if you're looking for one.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

Maxine Waters is a very good example of a racist black congressman if you're looking for one.

No.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »

It amazes me how long and winded these types of posts become, when all any rational person has to do is simply ignore it. These racists will only learn and adapt when others stop feeding into their debates and arguments. Shun, ignore and make these people feel as small as they are.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

I don't make up factd. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as Hymies, and Rangel

"Fairness dictates that the sons and daughters of the white middle and upper classes share the burden of war".

Plenty of whites have shared the burdens of these wars

Jesse Jackson said that in the 1980s!!! Thanks for proving my point!

Also what Rangel said is true, and note that he said middle class and upper middle class whites need to share the burden more. He said nothing about more working class whites who do share a disproportionate amount of the burden, as do Blacks and Hispanics. He shouldn't have said white there, but that was a classist argument if anything, not a racial one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »

The race card is pulled by us Republicans too...for example: "You want to end the war? Israel will die. YOU MUST HATE JEWS!", and of course, "Affirmative Action is apartheid against white people!".

go join the libertarian party already.  after your recent conversion is their any Republicans issue/value you have that libertarian don't have.
I feel that I have more of a right to be a Republican than most Republicans since I don't just have conservative views that I want implemented in the future, I literally want to go back to the old platform we had in the Bob Taft era. That, plus instead of going to Republican clubs and eating rubber chicken in West Palm, I spent my summer helping out the Republican Congressional candidate in his office-something most local Republican activists are too lazy to do. Do not lecture me on how "Republican" I am. As it has been pointed out, your argument is the same if I said "go back to Israel."

It amazes me how long and winded these types of posts become, when all any rational person has to do is simply ignore it. These racists will only learn and adapt when others stop feeding into their debates and arguments. Shun, ignore and make these people feel as small as they are.
That, and my revived Christianity was what turned me away from my former racism and white nationalism. I still hold some of it, sadly, but I am making progress. I just think this-I should love all people the way God does.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »

The race card is pulled by us Republicans too...for example: "You want to end the war? Israel will die. YOU MUST HATE JEWS!", and of course, "Affirmative Action is apartheid against white people!".

go join the libertarian party already.  after your recent conversion is their any Republicans issue/value you have that libertarian don't have.
I feel that I have more of a right to be a Republican than most Republicans since I don't just have conservative views that I want implemented in the future, I literally want to go back to the old platform we had in the Bob Taft era. That, plus instead of going to Republican clubs and eating rubber chicken in West Palm, I spent my summer helping out the Republican Congressional candidate in his office-something most local Republican activists are too lazy to do. Do not lecture me on how "Republican" I am. As it has been pointed out, your argument is the same if I said "go back to Israel."

That, and my revived Christianity was what turned me away from my former racism and white nationalism. I still hold some of it, sadly, but I am making progress. I just think this-I should love all people the way God does.

Woah there, everyone who can add something to the conservative cause should be welcomed in the Republican Party, libertarians, neocons, social conservatives, deficit hawks, the lot.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »

That's my point.  Blacks can be racist too but I think it has more to do with just plain ignorance.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »

Woah there, everyone who can add something to the conservative cause should be welcomed in the Republican Party, libertarians, neocons, social conservatives, deficit hawks, the lot.
True, I don't disagree at all with that. But for me to be told to leave the party by someone who is not even active in the party at all is an insult.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »

True, I don't disagree at all with that. But for me to be told to leave the party by someone who is not even active in the party at all is an insult.

Wow.  That is exactly how I feel sometimes.  I feel like if I come public about some of my views (as a Republican), I will be labeled an RINO or a squish because I believe in the Republican Party as the Party of Lincoln and Reagan, that an electable "moderate" (half a loaf) is better than an unelectable conservative (no bread), that the GOP must not forget its heritage as the Party that was founded to fight to end slavery and for freedom and equality for blacks, and that our message needs to be tailored better based on our audience.  My greatest fear, especially with the rise of the Tea Party movement, is that establishment Republicans like myself who want to return the Party to its former greatness will be ostracized as RINOs and squishes and be told, "You don't belong here, go be a Democrat."  I agree that all conservatives and Republicans can contribute something to the conservative movement, and our party needs to regain its "big tent" status to survive.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2012, 08:31:43 AM »

Oh are there some racist, racist, racist posts in this thread.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:17 AM »

Oh are there some racist, racist, racist posts in this thread.

What is with the racists flooding to this board?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Whenever you put southern African whites in the mix, it tends to happen.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »

Hey, Rhodesian!

(though I do actually now live and work in Cape Town)
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »

Not racist per say. Just an asshole.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »

Hey, Rhodesian!

Hey, I sympathize with you guys a lot. Mugabe has totally ruined your country. Just know that all people are capable of being racist, but usually racism by the majority is taken more seriously since they could actually do something about it. Again something you must be familiar with....
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2012, 11:03:21 AM »

Hey, Rhodesian!

Hey, I sympathize with you guys a lot. Mugabe has totally ruined your country. Just know that all people are capable of being racist, but usually racism by the majority is taken more seriously since they could actually do something about it. Again something you must be familiar with....

That is correct, and I am familiar with it. I have just meant in my posts on this thread that, yes redress is needed, but that it can be taken too far, and become counterproductive to the aims it wishes to achieve.

I thank you for your sympathy over my country. It means a lot to me when people say stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies