DC Area/Heart+Mind Strategies: Obama leads in DC and MD suburbs, tied in NoVa (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:05:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  DC Area/Heart+Mind Strategies: Obama leads in DC and MD suburbs, tied in NoVa (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Area/Heart+Mind Strategies: Obama leads in DC and MD suburbs, tied in NoVa  (Read 2416 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 09, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »

I agree with Torie.  The idea that they explicitly ignored the independent cities, or somehow forgot to include them, seems unrealistic, even if the copy is vague.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:23:11 PM »

I emailed the author of the story for a clarification, specifically asking if Alexndria, Fredericksburg, etc. had been polled. She repeated the list of counties, and said "Those are the designated areas we are told where the polling took place."

So, she's basically saying the pollster sent her a list of those, and refusing to make any further inference.  I think this is a case where you need to contact the pollster directly.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »

I emailed the author of the story for a clarification, specifically asking if Alexndria, Fredericksburg, etc. had been polled. She repeated the list of counties, and said "Those are the designated areas we are told where the polling took place."

So, she's basically saying the pollster sent her a list of those, and refusing to make any further inference.  I think this is a case where you need to contact the pollster directly.

I sent them the same email just now, but the public email address is undeliverable. It's after business hours, so I can't call.

But needless to say my confidence in this firm is not increased.

Hmm, thanks for the legwork on this!  Bizarre all-around
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies