Young Republicans Show the Way Forward for the GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:19:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Young Republicans Show the Way Forward for the GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Young Republicans Show the Way Forward for the GOP  (Read 2321 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »

Roll Eyes to the whole thing. They'll soon learn that they should either lose the Repubs or their values, cause those two things are mutually exclusive. You can't have a social conscience and vote Republican, it will never, ever work.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »

Roll Eyes to the whole thing. They'll soon learn that they should either lose the Repubs or their values, cause those two things are mutually exclusive. You can't have a social conscience and vote Republican, it will never, ever work.
it's not as though support for any political party can coincide with an authentically self-reflective social conscience.  politics involves compromising oneself, for the most part.

Amen. Let them all become enlightened and un-politicized for the better of the world. If only...
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »

Really?

Can you honestly tell me that you feel completely morally at peace voting for Republicans? Keep in mind that this is coming from an ex-Republican point of view, not just some loony lefty with a vendetta.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »

Well, at this point it's come to more of a place where I'm approaching the party from a negative perspective, so a lot of things really bother me. But what fundamentally irks me is the unabashed emphasis on protecting the wealthy at all costs. It's clear at this point that supply side economics isn't realistic and yet they ride that to a terrible means as though it's a universal benefit. We've already cut taxes for the wealthy and encouraged excessive spending in the name of corporate profits enough to know that it doesn't help the people, it only helps the bottom line. While I certainly have a predisposition towards the bottom line, government is much, much more than that. The fact that Republicans toss that to the wayside in the name of global monetary positioning is extremely disappointing. The aspect of Republican budgetary plans that cut waste, streamline services, and instill accountability are compromised by favoritism towards the very most fortunate. Massive subsidies to the most profitable corporations, willful ignorance towards the abuses of the financial and pharmaceutical companies, and an attitude of bending over backwards for the ultra-wealthy at the expense of the most vulnerable (who are in that position because of Republican policies) are my ultimate gripes. And they are so unacceptable to me that I can't reconcile those negatives with the positions of my Republican comrades that choose their party from a principled outlook.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies