Was this cancelled?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:54:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Was this cancelled?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Was this cancelled?  (Read 3496 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »

I haven't heard anything about it.  Too bad if they did.   I really enjoyed this season, even though they killed off most of my favorite characters (Cain, Bachmann, Santorum).

If not, when's it coming back?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »

Every week is a jump the shark moment. Last season (2008) was the high point, but I'm sure next season (2016) will be really good.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »

I'm really hoping that the good Doctor Cain makes a cameo appearance, or even more, in the 2016 season! He was my favourite character too.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »

I think they were just trying some comic relief to give us a breather after 2008, but I would have liked to see some more of Cain and Bachmann.

(Crap, am I on TV Tropes again?)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »

I wish.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:56:40 PM »

You can never leave TV Tropes.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 06:36:10 AM »

You two like TV Tropes? You must be pedophiles!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »

It's still on, but the show is at the midseason point where they mix in new episodes with reruns which everyone seems to do now. Old episodes about Romney flip-flopping, making gaffes, and not releasing tax returns are being brought back like we didn't see that stuff already in the spring.

The new material is fairly dull, too. Romney's European Vacation arc was a blatant rehash of the Obama Overseas plot from the 2008 season. I also agree they should bring back fan favorites like Cain and Bachmann for more than brief cameos, although the writers seem hesitant to do so. There's some hope, though- they recently brought back Huckabee, who guest starred in an episode about gays and a chicken restaurant (not as interesting as it sounds, and was mostly a filler episode anyway, although everyone on facebook seemed to be talking about it).

My biggest concern is that the writers don't make it interesting. Unless they throw a huge curveball in somewhere, it looks obvious how the season will end. Does anyone remember the 2000 finale? Now that was an intense plot. I hope the writers know what they're doing, at least. Don't blame you at all for not following the show anymore, King.     
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Couldn't agree with you more, Bacon King.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »

You have to take into consideration the fact that this show is in it's 57th season. It must be about the longest-running show in America, if not the world. Still, last season was a considerable improvement, even if some of it was surreal and over-the-top. I mean, Sarah Palin? An interesting character for sure, but someone as gaffe-prone as her would never have a serious political career in real life.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »

Still, last season was a considerable improvement, even if some of it was surreal and over-the-top. I mean, Sarah Palin? An interesting character for sure, but someone as gaffe-prone as her would never have a serious political career in real life.

I agree, even if most of the season was pretty much a rip off of the 2006 election between Santos and Vinick.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 01:06:28 PM »

With Santorum, there would be season number two, but... Sad
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »

I read it for the articles.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »

I'm really hoping that the good Doctor Cain makes a cameo appearance, or even more, in the 2016 season! He was my favourite character too.
If Romney wins, then you'll probably have to wait until at least 2020.  But I want to focus on this election for now...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »

I think the problem is that the writers killed off both the Herman Cain and the Rick Perry characters. One or the other would have been fine, but without either this show's become a lot less entertaining.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »

I think the problem is that the writers killed off both the Herman Cain and the Rick Perry characters. One or the other would have been fine, but without either this show's become a lot less entertaining.

The problem was they had already killed off the Cain character and were planning on focusing on the Perry character when they discovered he kept flubbing his lines.  Part of the problem they have is that everyone they have on the show now pales in comparison to Reagan.  Now that was a true actor!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »

Bring back HUNTSMENTUM!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »

Who doesn't!?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Who isn't!?
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »

The problem was they had already killed off the Cain character and were planning on focusing on the Perry character when they discovered he kept flubbing his lines.  Part of the problem they have is that everyone they have on the show now pales in comparison to Reagan.  Now that was a true actor!

I quite agree, that really was the golden era for the show. Since then its been going downhill every season, though I suspect that firing that script-writer, Rove or something, improved the 2008 season.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

I quite agree, that really was the golden era for the show. Since then its been going downhill every season, though I suspect that firing that script-writer, Rove or something, improved the 2008 season.

I disagree only on the basis that there wasn't much tension in the second Reagan season (the first was pretty interesting, if depressing to me as someone who was honestly more intrigued by the Carter character, flaws and all). I think the run of seasons from 1960 to 1980 was generally pretty great, though; even the 1964 and 1972 seasons, while they ended in entirely predictable landslides, had a lot of really interesting stuff happen getting there.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

I really liked that cool Desert Storm show back in the 90's.  You know the wone with the guy from Cheers.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:35 PM »

Every time I try to watch this season, it seems to be in repeats.  I haven't caught a real new episode since March, I think.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »

Do you think they'll go anywhere with the tax returns subplot?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »

Do you think they'll go anywhere with the tax returns subplot?

I'm really hoping they go for a Wham Episode.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies