Security guard wounded at Family Research Council headquarters shooting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:10:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Security guard wounded at Family Research Council headquarters shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Security guard wounded at Family Research Council headquarters shooting  (Read 1590 times)
WEWallace
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »

lifesitenews . com/news/breaking-two-wounded-at-family-research-council-headquarters-shooting

The shooter was a homosexual activist who targeted FRC in an act of domestic terrorism.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:34 AM »

Here's an actual link: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/16/us/dc-shooting/index.html

No official motive yet, but the gunman was involved in the LBGT community. Calling him an activist might be a stretch, but we don't have a ton of information right now.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2012, 12:12:51 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Feel bad for the guard who got hurt. Not entirely sorry that this particular organization is being attacked, but sorry for the guy who was wounded.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »

Feel bad for the guard who got hurt. Not entirely sorry that this particular organization is being attacked, but sorry for the guy who was wounded.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »

Well, this is pretty terrible.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »

The most absurd thing is that the gunman had 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in his possession.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »

something is wrong in our country.

I dont konw what the answer is but in the last month there have been four shooting attacks. I know that people get shot in gang stuff every day, but  these more troubled guy shootings seem to be on rise
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »

Shocked How can you guys seriously think that? I think it's horrible when any organization get's attacked like this, regardless of their beliefs.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »

Shocked How can you guys seriously think that? I think it's horrible when any organization get's attacked like this, regardless of their beliefs.

Yeah, it's kinda horrible, but you can understand the shooter's motives a bit better than just a random shooting; it's sorta like how you can see why (you don't necessarily support it, but you get the reasoning) a Jewish guy might shoot at neo-Nazis or a black guy would shoot at some Klansmen.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »

Yeah, it's kinda horrible, but you can understand the shooter's motives a bit better than just a random shooting; it's sorta like how you can see why (you don't necessarily support it, but you get the reasoning) a Jewish guy might shoot at neo-Nazis or a black guy would shoot at some Klansmen.

Hold on, if the President of Chick-fil-A does not subscribe to the belief that marriage can be defined in any other manner than between the man and a woman, and supports organizations which subscribe to this belief,  makes this man's actions understandable?

No matter what his motivations were - whether it were a Christian attacking GLADD or an activist attacking FRC - the action was wrong - period. Neither Chick-fil-A, nor the Family Research Council, nor any other similar organization has advocated the death of homosexuals. In fact, such Christian organizations would abhor Neo-Nazis and Klan members. You, sir, comparing Christian organizations to genuine hate groups is absurd and outrageous.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »

From anyone other than SPLC?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »

LOL the SPLC. They are a hate group themselves.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »

You don't like the organization. I get it. But what do you find factually inaccurate about their report?
Classifying legitimate political parties such as the Constitution Party as a "Patriot" group for one...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »

Hold on, if the President of Chick-fil-A does not subscribe to the belief that marriage can be defined in any other manner than between the man and a woman, and supports organizations which subscribe to this belief,  makes this man's actions understandable?

No matter what his motivations were - whether it were a Christian attacking GLADD or an activist attacking FRC - the action was wrong - period. Neither Chick-fil-A, nor the Family Research Council, nor any other similar organization has advocated the death of homosexuals. In fact, such Christian organizations would abhor Neo-Nazis and Klan members. You, sir, comparing Christian organizations to genuine hate groups is absurd and outrageous.

It's not exactly Chick-Fil-A's founder saying he supports a specific definition of marriage, but a group that's actively lobbying to oppress the LGBT community (because they're pedophilic Satanists or some such thing). It's understandable that one of the people who are being oppressed by this group would seek to attack it. I'm not condoning his actions, but this group is an anti-gay hate group. And they're not a Christian organization; Christianity espouses tolerance, not the hatred that this group spews (because they are a genuine hate group).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »

The SPLC could have had blood on their hands. They sure didn't mind blaming righwingers for the Tucson and Sikh shootings...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »

There's a lot of things I can say here that won't make me too many friends, so all I'll say is, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »

The FRC chairman has cited "reckless rhetoric" that leads to a "climate of fear-mongering" as the cause of attacks like this.  I wholeheartedly agree.

Granted, he was referring to the SPLC rather than his own organization, but I think people like Mathew Shepard and George Tiller would have interpreted him a little differently.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:24 PM »

The FRC is, of course, a hate group.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 01:58:07 AM »

The SPLC could have had blood on their hands. They sure didn't mind blaming righwingers for the Tucson and Sikh shootings...

You seriously think this guy cared about the SPLC's categorization of them, or even knew what the SPLC is?

The SPLC has never called Chick-fil-a a hate group, nor do they classify everyone who opposes gay marriage as one. But there's a lot more to the FRC. The FRC engages in extensive lobbying that goes far beyond opposing gay marriage, they also fight to keep anti-gay discrimination in employment legal, and in favor of policies like the old "neutrality" policy in the Anoka-Hennepin school district that prohibited school employees from telling students it was OK to be gay even under intense bullying, which was blamed for several suicides. The FRC has also been heavy in promoting "ex-gay" "therapy" programs which are de facto psychological torture, and in spreading myths such as of gay "recruitment" or that gays are significantly more likely to be pedophiles.

Now that doesn't excuse this guy here (especially as the guard didn't even necessarily agree with the FRC's campaign, he was just a guy collecting a paycheck), but it's tough to categorize what the FRC stands for as anything other than hate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies