The SoEA is back and have something important to say (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:01:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The SoEA is back and have something important to say (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The SoEA is back and have something important to say  (Read 1373 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: August 12, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2012, 01:15:28 PM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

Hagrid raises a very valid point. While it's good to have a SoEA who cares about his job, it's probably not the smartest idea if the SoEA starts making up stories which cast a positive light on himself and the entire administration. I think this should be left up to the GM, who is much more objective and neutral on such matters. I mean, if this kind of thing becomes widespread, what prevents me - or any other Governor for that matter - from claiming that I reduced the unemployment rate to 1%?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2012, 03:29:01 PM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

Hagrid, ZuWo, I don't understand your concerns.

I'm not making up a story. I'm merely opening liason office.

The "story" is that there is an obvious and extremely surprising (and also kind of far-fetched) breakthrough in Atlasian-Iranian relations. The fact that such offices are opened is the "story". The story is not bad per se, but see what I wrote below in response to Napoleon's post.

Hagrid raises a very valid point. While it's good to have a SoEA who cares about his job, it's probably not the smartest idea if the SoEA starts making up stories which cast a positive light on himself and the entire administration. I think this should be left up to the GM, who is much more objective and neutral on such matters. I mean, if this kind of thing becomes widespread, what prevents me - or any other Governor for that matter - from claiming that I reduced the unemployment rate to 1%?

Who said only the SoEA was involved with this story? Do you know the law?

The job description of the GM office says that the GM is responsible for providing news and analysis on national, regional, international and economic matters. I obviously don't know who was involved in creating this storyline, but this suggests that the GM should be primarily responsible for inventing and publishing such stories (or at least visibly participate in doing so). Otherwise the entire story gets a fishy touch (i.e. the SoEA publishes a story on his own which casts himself in a positive light).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies