Rush Limbaugh vs. Glenn Beck
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:30:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Rush Limbaugh vs. Glenn Beck
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Rush Limbaugh vs. Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck

Rush Limbaugh

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh vs. Glenn Beck  (Read 4040 times)
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »

Who?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »

Is this a vote to see who is worse or who would win an election? They both suck, but I think Beck isn't quite as egregious in his utter disdain for facts as Rush is.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »

Just some light humour. An election map would be funny.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »

The two are interchangeable, which is to say they are equally useless.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »

Limbaugh, not that he'd be great as a politician, but Beck is too paranoid to accomplish anything.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »

You gotta love Glenn Beck.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

Beck is better (though still nuts) in my opinion.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »

Umm...no, you don't!
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »

Limbaugh, not that he'd be great as a politician, but Beck is too paranoid to accomplish anything.
No he is not...not at all. He does not believe a thing he says. He makes it all up. The global Islamo commie plot to relaunch the holocaust? Really? I never heard that from Alex Jones (who is actually paranoid), or from any of the major Conspiracy theorist. It was simply made to scare elderly neocons.

AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »

Voted for Glenn just cause he likes guns.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »

Write-in: Somebody who's not insane.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »

I believe Glenn took a chain saw to the head of a perfectly good mannequinn to illustrate what he thinks will become of healthcare after the SCOTUS ruling.

I guess the higher the insanity, the higher the entertainment level. Tongue
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »

No he is not...not at all. He does not believe a thing he says. He makes it all up. The global Islamo commie plot to relaunch the holocaust? Really? I never heard that from Alex Jones (who is actually paranoid), or from any of the major Conspiracy theorist. It was simply made to scare elderly neocons.

I had to watch a Glenn Beck video in my (charter) high school in which he claimed that Iranian terrorists/secret agents were infiltrating the US by virtue of our lack of action on illegal immigration. Beck is either one of the greatest con men of the modern age, or a paranoid nutjob.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »

I had to watch a Glenn Beck video in my (charter) high school in which he claimed that Iranian terrorists/secret agents were infiltrating the US by virtue of our lack of action on illegal immigration. Beck is either one of the greatest con men of the modern age, or a paranoid nutjob.

Jesus, PP! I am truly sorry that you had to do that. Was it one of those right-wing nutjob schools?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 01:12:12 PM »

I said Rush. I hate conspiracy theorists with a fiery passion and Beck is one of the worst of the worst. Also, just listen to Rush; either he has the world's greatest ego or he knows he's not taking it seriously and is just saying stuff to be listened to. I'm inclined to believe its the second and that perspective makes his show much more interesting.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »

Rush all the way.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »

I can't listen to or watch Beck without cringing.  Limbaugh is the superior personality and intellect.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »

Yeah, he is just a great con man. Remeber his CNN days? He was just a standard Republican commentator. He goes to FNC, + Tea Party-all the sudden, he gets a chance to reinvent himself as the voice of the Tea Party. And thats what he did.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 01:40:44 PM »

he's the voice of a distinctly American far-right anti-government anticommunist John Birch Socieity crypto-segregationist strand.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »

Yeah, he is just a great con man. Remeber his CNN days? He was just a standard Republican commentator. He goes to FNC, + Tea Party-all the sudden, he gets a chance to reinvent himself as the voice of the Tea Party. And thats what he did.

Great... So why would we want a con man who pretends to be insane?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »

Great... So why would we want a con man who pretends to be insane?
I don't want him, I voted for Rush. I am just pointing out that Beck is a phony.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »

Rush because he's secretly Fred Savage.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »

They're both lying to make money, but Rush is slightly less bad.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »

Jesus, PP! I am truly sorry that you had to do that. Was it one of those right-wing nutjob schools?

Yeah, a charter high school that claimed to teach "the classics" and the virtues of "servant-leadership". What happened in reality is that half of the teachers openly taught a "constitutionalist" (re: anything far-right that they liked) and anti-government screed. I had to drop a certain class because one teacher was that obnoxious about it. And my last semester there, a different teacher showed multiple videos of Glenn Beck (including the aforementioned "Iranians and illegal immigrants" crap). The same teacher also showed a video called "the End of the American Dream", a Paulite goldbug piece of crap that claimed that the Federal Reserve was a gigantic Bilderburg conspiracy, and implied that the Federal Reserve killed Kennedy.

Oh, and my last year there I went on a field trip which turned out to be at another school where we heard that far-right buffoon Senator Mike Lee give a vaguely anti-government speech. And this is the kind of school were the students are mostly politically active and all far-right. Gaaah.

The only way I stayed sane at that school was that I had a moderate and smart history teacher, and a (I suspect secretly center-left) Bolivian-born Spanish teacher who agreed that far-right crap like that was terrible and stupid.

Oh, and my hatred for Glenn Beck happened long before this school.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies