Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:45:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread**  (Read 20210 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 11, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »

Romney's forced himself into the message of running with the Courageous (TM) man who Speaks Unpleasant Truths (TM) and Tells America The Things It Doesn't Want To Hear (TM) (which is the only positive way you can frame Paul Ryan).  Which would be a decent campaign strategy for John McCain, but not Willard Mitt Romney (has Mitt Romney ever told anyone something he didn't want to hear, other than "You're fired?").
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »

For aficionados of the "2012 is 1996" theory, isn't Paul Ryan kind of the Jack Kemp of his generation?

Indeed he is.

Remember the GOP touting Kemp as potentially breaking through with the black vote due to his sports background?  I believe it was Newt Gingrich that said that Kemp had showered with more black men than most Republicans had met.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »

Did I not predict that Mutt Rhymney's running mate would be a 'sociopath in a bad suit'? I believe that I did. All hail my predicterating skills of brilliance and skillfulness.

Would you not have said that of any male Republican running mate Romney would pick?

Absolutely.

What if he had picked a sociopath in a good suit?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies