Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:15:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread**  (Read 20237 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 11, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »

Oh cool, thanks for Florida's electoral votes Mitt.

Do you really think Ryan as VP will push Florida towards Obama?

Paul "Let's replace Medicare with health insurance coupons" Ryan will only hurt Mitt Romney in Florida.
I wouldn't be so sure. Romney and Rove are gonna let out a blitz of ads defining Ryan AND the Budget before Obama can. I think my fellow Democrats are getting complacent.

I'm certain that Obama's campaign and his Super PAC have prepared ads for all of the touted short listers.  They'll be running by tonight and be up on the internet by ten this morning.  Only way Romney could hope to get a jump on the opposition concerning the veep announcement would be to have chosen someone not on the media short list.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »

Do you think this is a better candidate than Palin?

Yes.  He basically has more experience than Obama had, and a greater leadership role in the House.  Considered to have "gravitas."  Younger.  Holds the right while Romney tries for the center.

Will bring the focus on the economy.

Probably does help out in WI, IA and OH.  May help out in the South (VA, NC).

Problems are with seniors and Hispanics.  Problems with FL, CO, NV, NM, even AZ.  Little help in the Northeast.

A potentially good choice, but not a great one.

I think Ryan could help out in NH.  Granite Staters are an odd bunch and worry a bit more about deficits than is typical.  Whatever one may think of Ryan's proposal of how to get there, he certainly is the most serious of the short-listers when it comes to tackling the deficit.

I doubt he helps enough in Wisconsin to deliver the state in a close national election.  Nuevo Mexico was never in play no matter who was picked.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »

Did I not predict that Mutt Rhymney's running mate would be a 'sociopath in a bad suit'? I believe that I did. All hail my predicterating skills of brilliance and skillfulness.

Would you not have said that of any male Republican running mate Romney would pick?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies