Romney/Ryan is first major party ticket with no Protestant on it. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:12:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney/Ryan is first major party ticket with no Protestant on it. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney/Ryan is first major party ticket with no Protestant on it.  (Read 10196 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 11, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

The Catholic vote is indistinguishable from the American electorate as a whole.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »

Oh, and Mormons are Protestant Christians, just to let you know. Odd ones yes, but still Protestants.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but that is a very contentious point of view. Mormons may believe they are in the Protestant tradition, but lots of Protestant sects don't even accept they are Christian.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26:34 AM »

Oh, and Mormons are Protestant Christians, just to let you know. Odd ones yes, but still Protestants.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but that is a very contentious point of view. Mormons may believe they are in the Protestant tradition, but lots of Protestant sects don't even accept they are Christian.

Some Protestant sects don't consider Catholics Christian.

Very true. It would be easier not to play the game at all... but if I can't resist being baited by NY Jew on a similar topic...
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »

Can't we agree that the Mormons are non-Protestant Christians? Of course I don't really care which branch of the Abrahamic religion people think they are.

I'm not Christian, so I don't have an opinion other than to defer to how they identify themselves, but there are lots of people out there who have an issue with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies