Paul Ryan: the elephant in the room (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:35:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Paul Ryan: the elephant in the room (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Republicans vote for a mormon and a catholic?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Paul Ryan: the elephant in the room  (Read 3765 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: August 11, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
« edited: August 11, 2012, 07:01:29 PM by memphis »

Not so much that he's Catholic. Is that he doesn't have the southern/country/low class vibe that the GOP desperately needs. Romney already has the grown up college Republican vote. Especially in Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio he's gonna need red meat Take Back Our (White) Country crowd. Instead, he went for the best looking Ayn Rand fan in America. I've yet to see Ryan campaign, but I don't get the impression that he can get the job done.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 06:35:32 AM »

Not so much that he's Catholic. Is that he doesn't have the southern/country/low class vibe that the GOP desperately needs. Romney already has the grown up college Republican vote. Especially in Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio he's gonna need red meat Take Back Our (White) Country crowd. Instead, he went for the best looking Ayn Rand fan in America. I've yet to see Ryan campaign, but I don't get the impression that he can get the job done.

Either the "white working class" vote is more Democratic (or less Republican, alternatively) than the pundits give them credit for, or the Republicans take them completely for granted and really don't care about them.
White working class is absolutely more Democratic than popular conception would lead one to believe. They do lean GOP, of course, but that is much more a function of being white than being working class. In any case, turnout is going to be abysmal amongst these folks, whereas the GOP needs them to come out in droves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies