Should Bushie move to Thailand?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:03:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should Bushie move to Thailand?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

YES!

No

McKayla Maroney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Should Bushie move to Thailand?  (Read 1437 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »

Such an important question deserves a poll.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2012, 07:06:52 PM by Torie »

No, not now. He needs to demonstrate he can hold down a non stressful job for a solid year (teaching Thai students in a strange place, in a strange land, without any Christians around to hug, is going to be far more stressful than answering the phone in an air conditioned cubicle), displaying for perhaps the first time in his life some modicum of self discipline, and self restraint, and save up some money so he has a war chest to finance such a move without leaching on his enabling parents. Otherwise it will be yet another chapter of more expense, and more failure.

I mean opebo is a veritable ascetic monomaniacal Prussian work machine compared to what we have above.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »

Do we need several different threads about me?  Give it a rest, please.  Thanks.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

Do we need several different threads about me?  Give it a rest, please.  Thanks.

You've courted this attention.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

When you decide to become a public figure, as you have, it is hard to control the press, and about what and when it decides to cover and say about you, when you don't own all the newspapers, as opposed to just one, which you shut down.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »

Patrick and Torie,

I know I've invited this attention, but I just don't want another update thread to spring up in place of the one that is locked.  Lord knows the moderators had enough trouble keeping the first one contained, let alone having two or possibly three.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »

Patrick and Torie,

I know I've invited this attention, but I just don't want another update thread to spring up in place of the one that is locked.  Lord knows the moderators had enough trouble keeping the first one contained, let alone having two or possibly three.

Well if you say you are ceasing to be a public figure, and just shutting it all down permanently, that request might have more traction.  But carrying on, and then complaining when you don't like the press, and then when the heat dies down, you carry on some more, is a dog that just won't hunt in my world. However, I don't run this place. But to have to read your stuff, without then being able to call you on it, is just cruel and unusual punishment, and far too stressful.

Does this make sense to you Jeff. In a word, if you can't take the heat, don't go into the kitchen in the first place, and just stay out of it in the future.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

Patrick and Torie,

I know I've invited this attention, but I just don't want another update thread to spring up in place of the one that is locked.  Lord knows the moderators had enough trouble keeping the first one contained, let alone having two or possibly three.

Well if you say you are ceasing to be a public figure, and just shutting it all down permanently, that request might have more traction.  But carrying on, and then complaining when you don't like the press, and then when the heat dies down, you carry on some more, is a dog that just won't hunt in my world. However, I don't run this place. But to have to read your stuff, without then being able to call you on it, is just cruel and unusual punishment, and far too stressful.

Does this make sense to you Jeff. In a word, if you can't take the heat, don't go into the kitchen in the first place, and just stay out of it in the future.

I see where you're coming from, Torie.  I'm considering if I want to be a public figure or not and it's not a question I can answer right this moment.  I do like to be transparent and I can only expect the transparency in return.  So, I guess, at this moment carry on like I am a public figure.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 01:20:42 AM »

This guy was a moderator here. Haha.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 01:39:12 AM »

1, 2, and 4 are my answers.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 01:52:36 AM »

ephebophile
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 04:34:42 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2012, 04:36:52 AM by opebo »

Do we need several different threads about me?  Give it a rest, please.  Thanks.

Dude, if you think this thread is about you, you don't know me very well.

Oh, sorry, I forgot I didn't start this thread.  Well, anyway, it still isn't primarily about you, but about me and about the forum members having another venue to express themselves about us both.  It isn't really about 'just you'.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 05:35:58 AM »

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »

I agree. Close your update thread and start a blog.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »

We tried that, it wasn't nearly as fun. A large part of the entertainment value of Update is the audience discussion and participation.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »

Ok, then how about this. Close your update thread.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »

who cleaned this thread out?  and why?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »

I don't think this one got cleaned out. You might be thinking of the one opebo made.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »

Patrick and Torie,

Nope - you told me you could handle it.  From now on, you do your own containing.  I advised you to keep it locked months ago, and you opened Pandora's box... whatever happens now is yours to deal with.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »

Patrick and Torie,

Nope - you told me you could handle it.  From now on, you do your own containing.  I advised you to keep it locked months ago, and you opened Pandora's box... whatever happens now is yours to deal with.

I'm not saying I can't handle it.  I'm just trying to contain it to avoid cluttering the board.  I wasn't thinking of my own satisfaction, I was thinking more of board clutter.  I know I've opened Pandora's box, and am fully prepared to deal with whatever comes out of that box.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2012, 08:50:33 PM by Torie »

Patrick and Torie,

I know I've invited this attention, but I just don't want another update thread to spring up in place of the one that is locked.  Lord knows the moderators had enough trouble keeping the first one contained, let alone having two or possibly three.

Nope - you told me you could handle it.  From now on, you do your own containing.  I advised you to keep it locked months ago, and you opened Pandora's box... whatever happens now is yours to deal with.

I'm not saying I can't handle it.  I'm just trying to contain it to avoid cluttering the board.  I wasn't thinking of my own satisfaction, I was thinking more of board clutter.  I know I've opened Pandora's box, and am fully prepared to deal with whatever comes out of that box.

Well with your thread locked, and just this one replacing it, the amount of the "clutter," and there is a good case to be made that it is "clutter," remains at exactly one thread (1 - 1 + 1 = 1). There is one little difference however. You don't "own" this thread.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »

Patrick and Torie,

It's quite ludicrous for someone to attention whore every mundane detail of their life for two years and then start expecting some privacy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 08:15:45 AM »

I vote no.....his children are Kenyan.......that's where his heart is.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »

Patrick and Torie,

It's quite ludicrous for someone to attention whore every mundane detail of their life for two years and then start expecting some privacy.

I'm not asking for privacy, I was asking for consolidation into one thread to avoid clutter.  As Torie pointed out, my Update thread is locked and the "invitation" thread is down to the the second page, so we just have this thread, so clutter is not as big of an issue.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »

I vote no.....his children are Kenyan.......that's where his heart is.

He reproduced?!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies