Almost two years to the date, he has done it again! (EXPELLED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:05:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Almost two years to the date, he has done it again! (EXPELLED)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Almost two years to the date, he has done it again! (EXPELLED)  (Read 1569 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2012, 12:50:11 AM »
« edited: October 24, 2012, 11:38:42 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1478;sa=showPosts

From what my eyes see and what the eyes of the people who I managed to find available to give a second such opinion (I am very tired and didn't want to missfire here), Bacon King has posted 160 or so posts on the Atlas since October 1st. He has posted none of them in the AFG board and thus none in the Senate in the last 18 days. I haven't seen any leaves of absence either. Considering his significant presence on the forum over this period, such could hadly be seen as legitimate if it existed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I motion to expell Bacon King from the Senate and ask for a second.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:53:20 AM »

It hurts to do this, but second.  This session has been terrible because of things like this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »

72 hours of debate commences

Throughout his term Bacon King has been fairly innactive. He didn't even swear in until a week after the Senate started. He has since most by far the most votes and been unresponsive to requests made too him along with the other Senators in multiple PMs (The other Senator's can verify their existance), to vote on bills and improve the activity levels.

The last post in the Senate was in late September, it is now Oct 18th. He has posted 160+ times on the forum since then, including the 2012 board, the forum community board and many other sundry and distastefull parts of town, yet he never found time to even vote once in 20 some days time on a Senate bill.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:24:18 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2012, 10:32:52 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

You'll find no debate from me. I like Bacon King, but this type of crap kinda irritates me. Yes, it slows the senate down, but it's also just disrespectful to the process. There were a lot of folks running for his senate seat who would have done a fantastic job.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »

Yeah, like I alluded to in the PPT and Committee elections, I knew this was going to happen from the get-go and am amazed people actually elected him again when he's basically established a pattern of up and disappearing. People really need to break out of their tendency to vote for the nice guy despite huge, glaring red flags. I like BK but people should know better by now.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »

I support this motion and I ask that the Presiding Officer request unanimous consent to bring this to a final vote immediately.

Marokai's entirely right; I'm already way too flaky with my real-life commitments, and that horrible habit is intensified when it's just internet message board commitments. Kinda like that RISK game that's been on hiatus for a year now. I mean, I still plan on restarting that, but I've really been a dick in offering to run the game but then not doing anything about it for so long.

For what it's worth, I definitely wanted to run and really have fun in the Senate, be active, like in the good old days. Honestly, though, I guess real life gets into the way, and I suppose my heart's just not in this anymore. I've wanted to be posting in the Senate over the last couple of weeks, honestly; maybe this is hard to explain, but it's like, posting on the Atlas is something I do to procrastinate to take a break from work; I haven't had any genuine free time in months. I thought I could have some great procrastination from real life with the Senate here, as well, which is why I ran, but I guess I just view this as a different sort of "work" that I can't do until I'm actually free. Sorry I let everyone down who voted for me.

I guess I'll still vote in elections and such but for the forseeable future I'll be retiring from participation in Atlasia. It's been fun, and I hope y'all remember me for the good and productive Bacon King times, not the lazy and absent Bacon King times. I hope you guys don't mind that I'd like to have the symbolism of voting for my own removal rather than just resigning. I know it'll slow things down by a day or so but I really feel it's more fitting.

PS! For the hell of it, here's one last bit of Bacon King's Patented Loophole Abuse ™, for old time's sake, that I'm obviously not actually arguing, but it's what came to mind that I would argue if I actually wanted to get around this:

Note that Article 12, Clause 1 reads, "...provided that the aforementioned Senator has not posted anything in the Senate for 14 consecutive days and has not declared a leave of absence before."

First off, note the wording in bold. I have declared a leave of absence before. Several, in fact. The OSPR doesn't say at all that I must've been on a declared leave of absence for the fourteen days, just that I have declared one at some point in the past. And I totally have. Grin

Second, even if you want to ignore that part, the OSPR doesn't require that my leave of absence be declared here in the Senate, or even on the forum itself. I definitely posted in the OSPR sometime last week that I was "kinda taking an absence from the Senate right now to do this research paper," and I feel that case would probably hold up especially if someone like Oakvale, Yelnoc, Snowstalker, etc had remembered that I said it and posted in my defense.

Third, I could probably also argue that this post was definitely intended to be a declaration of absence on my part, as my midterms still weren't done yet. and it was really going to be a couple of days before I could be Senatoring again.

But hey, even if I still thought I could manage being a Senator right now, it'd be really dickish to pull any of those. Just trying to see if I still got it in me! Would you guys have let me stay if I argued those points and was suddenly all active again? Tongue Regardless, that section there probably should be amended, especially now that I've pointed out the vagueness for anyone to take advantage of. Smiley

But yeah, I'll try to lurk and offer my insight from time to time as a non-member. If you guys ever need help with any questionably legal workarounds, just shoot me a PM Smiley

But anyway, sorry, and thanks for all the years of fun.

Purple heart u guyz!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »

So... did you just OFFICIALLY resign, or did you just prepare for a hurricane of "YES" votes?

See:

I hope you guys don't mind that I'd like to have the symbolism of voting for my own removal rather than just resigning.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »

And just like two years ago, we now have to amend the persecution process for inactives afterwards. And that is why we like bacon... Tongue Yes, you can still screw the rules just like in the good ole days.

Unfortunately the rules regarding UC aren't screwable, and thus I can't use it here.

And yes, the Senate has always been thought of by myself as an "obligation I shall fullfill", rather than any kind of a fun get-away.

As for tightening the language:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »

Noting that debate time has elapsed, I move for a vote on the question at hand.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »

Concerned citizen here: What's "Atlas Fanasty Government"?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 10:03:27 AM »

Senators, the question of whether or not to expel Senator Bacon King is now at vote, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »

AYE
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »

AYE!

Colors should be flipped here red for affirmative, the color of blood. Evil
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 12:01:13 PM »

Aye Cry
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »

Aye - though I further wish to add that BK's display of honour here is praiseworthy.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

Aye.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »

Aye.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »

I just find so ironic the contrast of personalities with Ben posted right after and two different smile faces we used (Ben - sad, Yankee - demonic lust for blood).

Six votes in just four hours, not bad. I won't end this until we have atleast 8 and considering we have six already, it probably will only be a few hours.

sbane, Hagrid, NVtownsend nad Marokai have yet to vote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »

Aye. But I thank BK for his words here and would just like to say I understand the way he feels entirely, at times.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »

Aye
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:34 PM »

Vote on the Expulsion of Senator Bacon King:

Aye (9): Bacon King, Ben, Franzl, HagridoftheDeep, Marokai Blue, NC Yankee, Redalgo, sbane and Scott
Nay (0):
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (1): NVTownsend (Was still in office when it began)

Having received a 2/3rds vote in the affirmative, the Senator has been expelled.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies