SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: The Judiciary (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:57:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: The Judiciary (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: The Judiciary (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT)  (Read 6110 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 21, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »

I appreciate afleitch speaking to my concerns... I can't say I was persuaded by his comments however

Rather then specifically argue each point (such as women in combat) I will sum up my view and get down to brass tax.... men and women are different. We are made differently by our Creator, we have had different roles throughout human history, and we have different abilities. Not all men are the same and not all women are the same...it is not as if I want women to all be homemakers as that is not what I believe in the slightest. But to mandate women have a football team and be permitted to join the Boy Scouts... to put men and women in the same restroom...there are far too many variables here. Where there is discrimination, it must be fought...but I don't believe that includes activities or organizations which recognize our God-given differences between the sexes
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »

I appreciate afleitch speaking to my concerns... I can't say I was persuaded by his comments however

Rather then specifically argue each point (such as women in combat) I will sum up my view and get down to brass tax.... men and women are different. We are made differently by our Creator, we have had different roles throughout human history, and we have different abilities. Not all men are the same and not all women are the same...it is not as if I want women to all be homemakers as that is not what I believe in the slightest. But to mandate women have a football team and be permitted to join the Boy Scouts... to put men and women in the same restroom...there are far too many variables here. Where there is discrimination, it must be fought...but I don't believe that includes activities or organizations which recognize our God-given differences between the sexes

With respect, it appears you have not full read and understood my statement. I do not consider that our law should be affected by religious notions of 'difference between the sexes.' No one is denying that men and women are different, or any two people from any section of society are different but they have the right to be treated by the law as the same and have the same opportunities. I do not know where you think this law will cause men and women to 'use the same restroom'; I explained succinctly why that was and is a ludicrous position.
I apologize, however I was confused by this statement in your first comments....
You must be logged in to read this quote.
which I took to mean that single-sex restrooms would not be permitted...

As far as the rest of this statement- I agree in theory but see no compelling reason to put this in law...to do so would allow for the extreme situations which I have described I believe. I'd be keen to know which specific rights you see being denied to women and gays (minus the right for gays to marry which I agree with you must be granted) that leads to this legislation?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies