Venezuelan Presidential Election 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:44:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Venezuelan Presidential Election 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Venezuelan Presidential Election 2012  (Read 25426 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 03, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »

I think what this thread really needs, is a few more lovable Chavez photos. (Hey, it's better than diverging into an argument on Pinochet!)

Does "lovable" mean "goofy" in your idiolect?

You're terribly out of touch, ag - normal humans find warm, 'down to earth' photos of a great man interacting with 'real people', wearing normal clothes and with a smile on his face to be loveable.  What do you find lovable?  A grim white guy standing stiffly in a suit?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »

I am afraid you see smthg in those pictures I don't Smiley

There is nothing warm, the man is not great, he is not smiling (in a couple of cases grimacing a bit, dead serious, if not outright frowning in others), his clothing is not normal - in the sense that few people would ever be caught dead wearing them. And, of course, in all but one of these photos there are no other people properly visible - and no indication he is interacting with anyone, other than the photographer.

Actually I have to admit I didn't look at the photos - I suppose the real test of his lovability is that a majority of Venezuelans do in fact love him, and will re-elect him.  So, he can look as goofy as he likes - the leftist policies are what makes him loved.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »

Yay!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies