Another Nominee: The Second Coming
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:35:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Another Nominee: The Second Coming
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Nominee: The Second Coming  (Read 2222 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »
« edited: August 14, 2012, 04:28:21 PM by Clinton1996 "You Know You Miss Your Daddy" »

"We can call Iowa for Texas Governor Rick Perry. He narrowly edges but Massachussetts Governor Mitt Romney by a few thousand votes. Yes, the governor most known for his bad debate performances makes a comeback. The declination of the other candidates to participate in anymore of the debates contributed to his success. We go now to Governor Perry's victory speech in Cedar Rapids."- Rachel Maddow
2012 Republican Iowa Caucuses
Rick Perry- 25%            29,839
Mitt Romney- 25%.       29,805
Ron Paul- 21%.            26,219
Rick Santorum- 13%.   16,251
Newt Gingrich- 10.       12,604
Michelle Bachmann- 5.   6,073

"This is a message to President Obama and his lot in Washington. The American people want to get something done. He's added trillions to the debt, I'll cut it. He passed Obamacare I'll repeal it. He's hurt small businesses, I'll help small businesses. The people of this great nation have spoken: Obama Isn't Working. But I will!"- Texas Governor Rick Perry

"This is bad news for Mitt Romney. He made a last minute decision to go into Iowa and said he'd win. He spent money when he shouldn't. His firewall his New Hampshire, and if he doesn't win it overwhelmingly, he doesn't get the nomination and take on Obama. If we take a look at the board, he losing conservatives, working class voters, Tea Party supporters, and those who care about Health Care."- Chuck Todd

retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 07:05:10 PM »

yesssss
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

I assume Oopsgate didn't happen?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

Advice: If you're going to post a map with a different winner, please recolor the map. Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »

Advice: If you're going to post a map with a different winner, please recolor the map. Smiley
Nah dude, takes too much time.
I am working on a timeline right now, doing every single primary, using a map for every single one. It takes 5 minutes at the most, and makes the timeline realistic. You might as well not use maps if your not willing to change them.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »

Nah dude, takes too much time.
I am working on a timeline right now, doing every single primary, using a map for every single one. It takes 5 minutes at the most, and makes the timeline realistic. You might as well not use maps if your not willing to change them.
Wait do I have to explain the color. Perry is purple, Romney is yellow, Paul is green, and Santorum is blue. This is the actual 2012 map. All I did was switch Santorum's and Perry's places.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »

Keep it coming!
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2012, 04:45:02 PM by Clinton1996 "You Know You Miss Your Daddy" »

After disappointing showings in the Iowa Caucus, conservative firebrand Michelle Bachmann and social conservative Rick Santorum dropped out in favor of Governor Rick Perry.

"I proudly endorse the true conservative in this race, and the only one that can take it to Obama, Governor Rick Perry! Republicans don't need an "Obamacare-loving Mushy Massachussetts Moderate" as our nominee."- Senator Rick Santorum

Speaker Gingrich though, ignored calls to drop out and declared he would go on til South Carolina and skip New Hampshire. Governor Perry has also decided to skip on to South Carolina, leaving it a 3 man race; Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.

New Hampshire Primary
"We've got the results trickling in folks, and I think we can call the race. And we think we can call it for Massachussets Governor Mitt Romney."- Rachel Maddow

"I know that's a sigh of relief for Boston tonight, but Governor Huntsman kept it close."- Chris Matthews

"With 60 percent of the vote in, the race stands at 43 for Romney and 40 for Huntsman, and 17 for Congressman Ron Paul."- Lawrence O'Donnell

"Well Rachel, you're gonna be surprised on this one. Folks, we're gonna have to retract that call. Huntsman seems to be closing the gap, and with 73 percent of precincts reporting, Romney and Huntsman are locked at 44 percent."- David Gregory

"Yikes, it does not look good for Boston. Huntsman is killing them with independents. And according to exit polls, Romney only leads by a few among Republicans. With numbers like this, I don't know if Romney can pull this out."- Chris Matthews

"Well here's your answer Chris. With 90 percent of the the vote in, Huntsman has pulled ahead. Utah Governor Jon Huntsman shall win the 2012 Republican New Hampshire Primary."- Rachel Maddow

New Hampshire Primary Results
Jon Huntsman-47
Mitt Romney-35
Ron Paul-11
Rick Perry-5
New Gingrich-2

"I can tell you now, 1st place is the ticket to ride ladies and gentlemen!"- Governor Jon Huntsman

"I've been telling Republicans since July that crazy can't win. I warned them on Trump, Bachmann, Cain, and Gingrich. Jon Huntsman would be the best nominee we've had since Reagan. Under him, Utah had the best job growth in the country. He's the most conservative candidate running. Hes  the only one to embrace the Ryan Budget. He's put country above politics by working with the President. Look who we have, a Governor who finds it funny that he had the highest execution rate in the nation. A former Speaker whos made overtly rascist remarks about african americans and has more baggage than a belhop. And a moderate from Massachussetts who was the father of ObamaCare. We'd be crazy not to get behind him." Joe Scarborough
"Is that an endorsement? Because you're absolutely right on Bachmann and the others."- Mika Brzenski
"I guess it is. Huntsman is the best candidate out there."- Joe Scarborugh

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »

Looking good.  More please Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »

I like this! Keep it coming!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »

Aww, I liked the old title better.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »

I haven't decided whether to let Perry or Huntsman win. Or if Romney can make a comeback. Anyone message me with suggestions! Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »

Herman Cain. Somebody should do a President Cain timeline.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 01:36:21 AM »

Herman Cain. Somebody should do a President Cain timeline.

Yea, but this is good.  More please
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »

South Carolina Primary Results
Rick Perry-41
Mitt Romney-26
New Gingrich-21
Jon Huntsman-19
Ron Paul-11
Texas Governor Rick Perry Wins South Carolina Republican Primary. Campaign Moves To Florida. Romney In, Gingrich Out."I tell you America, if you have my back on the way to Tampa, like Iowa and South Carolina, then I'll have your back for the next our years in Washington."- Governor Rick Perry

"You've placed only second in the first three nominating contests, and I'm sure many of our viewers are wondering whether you can carry on?"- Bret Baier

"Well, Brett, I can tell you my campaign is built for the long haul. We're going to get the nomination and make Barack Obama a one termer.- Mitt Romney

"I am hereby suspending my campaign for the no nomination, and shall endorse the eventual nominee."- Newt Gingrich
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »

Keep it coming.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »

Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »

Restore Our Future Unleashes New Million Dollar Ad Buy In Florida Attacking Perry On Illegals"Governor, a Super PAC supporting you has recently announced a new ad campaign bruttaly attacking Governor Perry on immigration. Do you condone this?"- Meyghan Kelly

"The fact is, Governor Perry pushed through a bill that paid for the tuition of illegals, and I don't think tax payers would agree with that. That's amnesty."- Governor Romney

The ads covered the airwaves in Florida for two weeks, and Perry's numbers were beginning to dip. But Romney was getting a huge boost in support. The people were becoming jumping ship. Iowa and South Carolina's steam was running out for Perry.

NBC News/Marist Florida Poll
For Which Candidate Are You Voting For In The 2012 Florida Republican Presidential Primary?
Rick Perry-31
Mitt Romney-39
Ron Paul-11
Jon Huntsman-15

"Senator Rubio, I'm sure you've been seeing all the ads attacking Governor Perry about the bill he signed as Governor giving children of illegals college tuition in state, would you like to weigh in?"-Chris Wallace

"Well Chris, I don't really agree with the ads. Governor Perry is a conservative. Those children came here by no fault of their own, and what he did was not amnesty, it was kindness. And I don't condone these red blooded attacks, or those that make them. Super PAC or Candidate. In the Senate, I'm working on a bill that wouldn't give illegals amnesty, but would hopefully solve this problem, and when we elect a Republican in November, he will sign it."- Senator Marco Rubio

The media saw it as a repudiation of the Romney attacks and repeated the remarks continuously. Perry's campaign got new life from the "endorsement" of sorts. With and Paul focusing on Nevada, the race was between he and Mitt. Amd it was anyone's at that point.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies