Vote by religion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:19:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vote by religion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote by religion  (Read 17011 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 23, 2005, 08:48:19 PM »

Nice maps, Alcon.

It appears that Mass. is the only state to have all religious groups go Democratic.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:10:01 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2005, 11:12:25 PM by nclib »

In the red states, Kerry did better among Catholics. In the blue states, he did better among Protestants...

nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »

I'd be interested in seeing the maps for white Protestants and white Catholics, to see how much the original maps were influenced by race.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 09:51:24 PM »

Interesting, since the 2006 Senate and Governors races polled white Protestants and white Catholics.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

I'm not surprised how MS's Catholic vote was more Republican than its Protestant vote...I've always said that my Catholic church is more Republican than First Baptist in my town.  We once learned the 10 Commandments in Sunday School by talking about all the times that Bill Clinton violated them.  I thought about saying how inappropriate that was, but instead I just stopped paying attention, as I usually did.  Yep, Sunday School actually destroyed my Catholic faith rather than strengthening it.

Interesting...though I think another issue is that blacks in MS are mainly Protestant, thus making the Protestant vote more Democratic than the white Protestant vote. My guess would be that MS's white Protestants are quite Republican, though unfortunately CNN didn't poll that data in 2004.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies