The Crisis of Sucession: 1865 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:00:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Crisis of Sucession: 1865 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crisis of Sucession: 1865  (Read 9277 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

Cool stuff!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »

Oh God. Sad Some of the great American leaders are dead thanks to this madman. Please, Stanton, lead the witch hunt to bring him to justice!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »

Special Election! Cool. I wonder when it'll take place (November 1865?) and I'm guessing whoever becomes the Republican/National Union nominee will have an easy time. Either a good land-slide or a contentious election between warring rogue factions of the Republican party. (Radicals vs. Lincoln moderates?)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »

Special Election! Cool. I wonder when it'll take place (November 1865?) and I'm guessing whoever becomes the Republican/National Union nominee will have an easy time. Either a good land-slide or a contentious election between warring rogue factions of the Republican party. (Radicals vs. Lincoln moderates?)
I don't want to give too much away but I can tell you it will be generally dominated by the GOP although GOP may not be fully United. So your guess may be pretty close!

Yes!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »

I hate to overwork a writer, given I myself have had cases of writer's block, confusion, and utter laziness, but I hope you're not too angry that I'm asking for more. Great stuff.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

Cool stuff. Really looking forward to the election!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »

I was just thinking that Grant might serve as a united figure. Too bad he's dead. Sad I'm thinking that other Civil War leaders might be pushed forward as a unity candidate. A couple of our Presidents, Hayes, Garfield, and Harrison, all served in some leadership positions in the Civil War.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »

Any chance that we could see a Radical Republican Congress consider redrawing the boarders of the states of the Confederacy when they are admitted in order to create states that are bound to vote for Republicans. Basically a Gerrymander of the South. Off the top of my head I can think of 3 to 4 Appalachian states and 4-5 majority black states that could be created. I'll make a map of what I'm trying to say.

That'd be pretty cool. Basically just leaving the tobacco and plains areas to Democrats.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »

Gass, that's awesome. However, making maps will be a problem. Would you mind attempting to merge real 'Murica with this? It's possible in paint. I don't think I'd have the skill to do it, but I suppose I could copy a county map, go along those borders you have, then erase all other county borders.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

Gass, that's awesome. However, making maps will be a problem. Would you mind attempting to merge real 'Murica with this? It's possible in paint. I don't think I'd have the skill to do it, but I suppose I could copy a county map, go along those borders you have, then erase all other county borders.

I apologize, but I don't know what exactly you are asking me to do.

Eh, on the weekend I'll make the map and show you.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »

Given Sumner's history, it's no surprise he became a Radical Republican. He had a very significant bone to pick with the slave south. Interesting. Might actually like to see how a Sumner presidency would go. Can't wait for the Dems and the Lincolnians.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »

Can't wait for the GE! (And Gass, when I have a free weekend, I'll try to put the map together)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »

It's spelled "rhetoric" not "redderick". Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »

Given its voting record during the Gilded Age and status as a near-Southern state for a while, I'd recommend switching IN to the Lincolnians. Other than that, great stuff (though I do wonder what allegiance the West, KS, NE, NV, and the West coast would have)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 06:39:01 AM »

I guess I'm rooting for Trumbull. Cool stuff on the Roosevelts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies