The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:23:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35
Author Topic: The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread  (Read 82162 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »

We'd still need a comparison with 2008.  It is currently R +7.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »

Nevada turnout so far:

Dem 48.6%
Rep 35.4%
Ind 15.9%

Poll data on how early voters have voted (ARG, a favorable poll for Romney):

Obama: 57%
Romney: 43%

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/NV12.html

If Romney is only splitting Indys with Obama, he's doomed in Nevada.

Most polls show Obama tied or winning independents in Nevada, IIRC.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »

Today NBC moved NV to lean Obama from tossup. Chuck Todd and Jon Ralston talked about how the early vote, demographics and the Las Vegas area unions are taking NV out of play for Romney. But Romney is visiting Reno today I think, so they havent given up yet.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »

We'd still need a comparison with 2008.  It is currently R +7.

D+2 for the entire EV period.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »

Today NBC moved NV to lean Obama from tossup. Chuck Todd and Jon Ralston talked about how the early vote, demographics and the Las Vegas area unions are taking NV out of play for Romney. But Romney is visiting Reno today I think, so they havent given up yet.

Romney can't be seen to be giving up. His strategy now is 100% confidence to generate momentum, because if the election were held today, he'd lose the EV even if he won the PV.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »

Romney can't be seen to be giving up. His strategy now is 100% confidence to generate momentum, because if the election were held today, he'd lose the EV even if he won the PV.

Both NV's polling and early voting is trending Romney.  NV is on my "possible" list, but I credited it for Obama, because the polling tended to be off in 2008.  It is possible that Romney could take it. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »

Both NV's polling and early voting is trending Romney.

Not by nearly enough for him to win the state.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »

Yeah, at the current pace Romney would lose by 5-6 points.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »

Like I said, it is flippable, but I still give it to Obama, at this point in time.  I would say Obama by 1-2 points.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »

Like I said, it is flippable, but I still give it to Obama, at this point in time.  I would say Obama by 1-2 points.

How generous of you.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »

Like I said, it is flippable, but I still give it to Obama, at this point in time.  I would say Obama by 1-2 points.

Oh please, JJ.

Obama is going to win NV by 5-6 points.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »

Like I said, it is flippable, but I still give it to Obama, at this point in time.  I would say Obama by 1-2 points.

How generous of you.

Oh please, JJ.

Obama is going to win NV by 5-6 points.

5-6 points even today is unlikely.  We've been noting the shift in the early voting.

I do find it interesting how much the battleground has shifted on this thread.  We were talking about how NC was going Obama, then IA, now NV.  Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »

5-6 points is far from unlikely. Jon Ralston was talking about a possible Obama victory of that size just today.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »

5-6 points is far from unlikely. Jon Ralston was talking about a possible Obama victory of that size just today.

This.

To say Obama will only win NV by 1-2 is a bit of a stretch IMO. Democrats generally under-poll in NV and their ground game is among the best in the country.

Obama won't win by 2008 margins, but he should win by 5-6 points much like Reid did in 2010.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »

This.

To say Obama will only win NV by 1-2 is a bit of a stretch IMO. Democrats generally under-poll in NV and their ground game is among the best in the country.

Obama won't win by 2008 margins, but he should win by 5-6 points much like Reid did in 2010.

Today the early vote gap in Clark Co. slightly lower than the final in 2008, 0.8 R gain.

Today the early vote gap in Washoe Co. was +4.8 R points than the 2008 final.  These are strong D voters, or were in 2008.  I'm still calling it for Obama, but not by 5-6 points.  I'm also expecting momentum on the Romney side that will lower it further.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »

Both NV's polling and early voting is trending Romney.  NV is on my "possible" list, but I credited it for Obama, because the polling tended to be off in 2008.  It is possible that Romney could take it. 

Registration in Nevada points to a larger victory than that.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »

It was 44/35.7 D/R in 2008.  It is 41.9/34.7 now.  D -2.1
Mister Twister

« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »

This extrapolates to about an expected tie in Colorado on election day. Obama won CO by 9 points overall.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

This extrapolates to about an expected tie in Colorado on election day. Obama won CO by 9 points overall.

Okay, we'll add seven points on to McCain's 44.7% and get Romney 51%.  It is not a good idea to extrapolate.  Smiley  Especially that way.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »

So Obama wins by 10 points instead of 12. You can play this game as long as you want, but the fundamentals point to moderate Obama victory here. There's a reason people are moving it to lean Obama and the Obama campaign is not putting its new 1 minute closing ad there.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »

So Obama wins by 10 points instead of 12. You can play this game as long as you want, but the fundamentals point to moderate Obama victory here. There's a reason people are moving it to lean Obama and the Obama campaign is not putting its new 1 minute closing ad there.

That is just registration, that can show longer term formation of opinions.  Some of the numbers are currently running well ahead of registration. 

Note that I reported the numbers and didn't spin them.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »

You have to factor in the fact that Republicans have more voters than Democrats in Colorado ready to vote on election day.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »

Adrian Gray: Virginia: Base precincts (60%+) for GOP turning at 124% of current 2008 levels. DEM precincts are at 98%. In other words, GOP doing well.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »

Democratic precincts at 98% of 2008 turnout is also pretty fantastic. Virginia will be close either way.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »

Democratic precincts at 98% of 2008 turnout is also pretty fantastic. Virginia will be close either way.

If accurate, it is a R +26 point gap over 2008.  About the only places it wouldn't shift a state is HI, RI, and DC. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies