The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:15:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread  (Read 82122 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 09, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »

Early voting has begun in Indiana.

I was planning on heading over to the courthouse later today to cast my vote, but am still unsure on the Senate race.

Has Donnelly intelligently grappled with entitlements? If not, go the the flawed Pub is my advice. That is the issue where the rubber meets the road. The rest is noise (I used that term twice today - sorry about that). I mean, he's not in the Akin category (someone who has brought shame on us all, and needs to cease to be a public figure ASAP).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »

To me, any candidate unwilling to intelligently and candidly deal with the entitlements issue, is the ultimate flawed candidate. They need to get the heck out of Dodge - all of those cowards - all of them. I'm done.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »

Torie, why are you so worried about entitlements? It's a long-term issue, and likely there will be some deal after the election to lower the deficit, no matter who is elected. If anything it'd be harder for your candidate to achieve, since he has a tougher line on the revenue side.

As for Mourdock, I hear he's already attacking Donnelly for voting to cut Medicare.

Be sure to watch the VP debate. Paul Ryan will explain it all to you. Smiley  We Boomers are a fiscal time bomb. We are out to bankrupt the nation.  We haven't saved squat, and we want to live to be a 100 at government expense. We want the best drugs ... always have. I wonder if there will be a Boomer push to have face lifts covered under Medicare. And an amazing percentage of us will hit 90, half of us with dementia.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »

In other news, the Pub chat or spin or however one chooses to characterize it, is that the Pubs are getting to the polls early their low propensity voters, while the Dems are just cannibalizing their high propensity voters, perhaps just for the optics. So there!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 11:45:30 PM »

In the past, Washoe determined the winner of Nevada. However it is possible, that Washoe could go say Romney by 4 or 5 and still have Obama win Nevada based on Clark alone. Nevada is a state that is rapidly changing.

It does bode better for Heller though, since he probably will outrun Romney a greater then his statewide outrunning, in Washoe.

For what it is worth, I suspect the cow counties in NV will swing to Romney from 2008 by more than Washoe does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies