IDS August 2012 Regional Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:15:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS August 2012 Regional Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS August 2012 Regional Election  (Read 934 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:52 PM »

Official Ballot:

Offices:

Emperor
[X] PiT (IB-LA) (i)
[ ] Write-in
----
Imperial Legislature
[3] Adam Griffin (LAB-GA) (i)
[1] Jbrase (IB-TX) (i)
[2] Write-in: Supersonic
[4] Write-in: Whoever His Imperial Highness fancies being a legislator Tongue

Referenda:

Recall And Term Length Amendment of 2012

Article I, Clause 1 of the IDS Constitution shall be amended to read: The Emperor of the Imperial Dominion of the South shall be elected to a term not to exceed 4 months in length. The term shall begin immediately after the results have been declared after the closing of the poll.

Article I, Clause 2 of the IDS Constitution shall be amended to read: An election for the office of Emperor shall be held in the months of April, August, and December. This election shall coincide with the elections of other regions, if applicable.

Article IV, Clause 2 of the IDS Constitution shall be amended to read: The Citizens of the Imperial Dominion of the South may recall any regional official. A recall petition, which must be a separate thread on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board, must have the signatures of 50% of the number of voters in the last election for that position (except for unelected offices, which must be equivalent to 25% of voters registered in the Imperial Dominion of the South), and said signatures must be attained in a time less than two weeks in order to be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote. A voting booth shall be opened by the Governor within 24 hours of receiving the required number of signatures. The voting booth shall question the voters on two questions; the first being whether the elected official shall be recalled (yes or no), with the result of a majority of voters saying yes the recall of the official. The second (for elected offices) shall be that, in the event that a majority vote to recall the official, who should replace the elected official. The winner of that vote (in the event that the majority vote yes) shall hold the office of the recalled official for the remainder of his term. In the event that the Judicial Overlord is recalled, the Governor shall appoint a new one who is not the one who was recalled.

[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies