Axelrod won't rule out Biden being dropped from the ticket (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:52:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Axelrod won't rule out Biden being dropped from the ticket (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Axelrod won't rule out Biden being dropped from the ticket  (Read 5646 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: August 18, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »
« edited: August 18, 2012, 04:17:36 PM by Politico »

Look at the difference:

Maybe Axelrod wouldn't rule out Biden being dropped after witnessing Biden's reaction to being informed that he has to debate Ryan:

Or maybe it was after Biden's realization he should spend the entire fall stoking racial divisions with a faux southern accent:

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2012, 05:23:05 PM by Politico »

Despite the age difference, Romney holds his own in a side-by-side comparison with 2012 Obama (much like Reagan and Carter in 1980 despite Reagan being about 14 years older; the presidency aged Carter because he was in over his head, and we're seeing the same thing with Obama):

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2012, 05:29:57 PM by Politico »

Are you going to have all these guys in swim suits next Politico?  None really are my type.

Image is everything post-Eisenhower.

The image Obama is projecting right now is "nice guy, but in over his head." Look at how horribly he has aged. That did not happen to Clinton his first four years.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2012, 05:37:48 PM by Politico »

Are you going to have all these guys in swim suits next Politico?  None really are my type.

Image is everything post-Eisenhower.

The image Obama is projecting right now is "nice guy, but in over his head." Look at how horribly he has aged. That did not happen to Clinton his first four years.
Yes, it did.

Those pictures are not evidence since they are not dated. The former may be from the 1991/1992 campaign trail with the latter picture possibly being from far into his second term.

Inauguration Day 1993:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Bill_Clinton

Inauguration Day 1997:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_inauguration_of_Bill_Clinton

A normal four year progression for somebody his age, unlike what we have seen with Obama (Compare Obama today to what he looked like on Inauguration Day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_President_Barack_Obama_taking_his_Oath_of_Office_-_2009Jan20.jpg). Obama's trajectory is more in line with Bush's and Carter's, two presidents who were clearly in over their head.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »

BTW, I may be wrong, but I think botox is against Romney's religion. I mean, the dude does not even ingest caffeine.

Romney's looks are the result of a healthy lifestyle his entire life and good genetics.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »

Forgot about that. And the 79-80 Recession was based almost entirely around interest rates and inflation. It was actually quite simple. The 2008 Crisis was more of 2 or 3 Recession in one.
1. The Housing Bubble Popped
2. Lehman Brothers Collapsed
3. International Financial Crisis
Those three things made it 26 x worse than 79-80. Beet could explain it better than me.

Actually, no.  Unemployment was about a point lower, but inflation and lack of real growth were the problems.  In terms of the misery index, it was substantially worse.  In 1979-80, you had an oil shock, one brokerage house collapse, gigantic inflation and a the metals market going insane.

Don't forget the gas lines.

Not sure if the late '70s/early '80s recessions were worse than now, but this time we've yet to see a real recovery.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »

The fact of the matter is, it would just be too embarassing to Obama and his campaign to dump Biden at this point in time.

Unless they could talk Hillary into replacing him. It would be hilarious hearing Biden's revenge, though. It would match the comedic genius of last fall (i.e., Cain, Perry, Gingrich).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies