Marokai for Senate: Doin' stuff. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai for Senate: Doin' stuff. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai for Senate: Doin' stuff.  (Read 2070 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 18, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »

In general I think that this Senate hasn't really tried bringing themselves together to discuss bigger issues than their pet causes. The flurry of Amendments that don't really matter, or are outright silly (like the Supreme Court stuff) make it seem like the Senators aren't really communicating with each other to do anything. There need to be more lightning rods in the Senate's consideration that actually grab most Senators' attention.

I agree with this analysis. One of the drawbacks of dissolving the two party system has been that, instead of stronger and more ideological parties, we have a structure that has no leadership and Senators run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Do you think you can help reverse this trend? And, what do you think the Senate can do to focus on policies that matter instead of whatever inane subject was introduced first? I've tried to address this in the past with little success.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »

Damn it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »

We should go over some of these before the Senate debates them.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »

We should go over some of these before the Senate debates them.

Trying to block my agenda! Tongue

Not necessarily...

The prescription drug advertising ban is a great idea but it has already been included in my health care reform law. Wink

I think that, on the traffic bill, the federal government may not have authority on this.

And regarding the separate elections amendment, I obviously don't get to sign or veto it but I still think its a bad idea, I think the VP position is important to my presidency and it would be detrimental to have a less cooperative one.

Im glad to see some real policy proposals though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies