GriffGraph: Balance of Power Comparisons (Past 60 Days)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:21:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GriffGraph: Balance of Power Comparisons (Past 60 Days)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GriffGraph: Balance of Power Comparisons (Past 60 Days)  (Read 1067 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
« edited: August 23, 2012, 11:27:39 PM by Northeast Representative Goldwater »

I hate to be the party pooped for a second time in this thread, but Goldwater, I think your amendment causes more problems than it solves. The candidate with the most first preferences is always supposed to win. Therefore, a tie would mean each candidate has the same number of first preferences so the tie would be solved by going to second preferences. Here, there never really was a tie to begin with.

Really? The Constitution just says votes, which I assumed to mean votes in the final round, and in that case me & Alfred were tied.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 11:38:11 PM »

I hate to be the party pooped for a second time in this thread, but Goldwater, I think your amendment causes more problems than it solves. The candidate with the most first preferences is always supposed to win. Therefore, a tie would mean each candidate has the same number of first preferences so the tie would be solved by going to second preferences. Here, there never really was a tie to begin with.

Really? The Constitution just says votes, which I assumed to mean votes in the final round, and in that case me & Alfred were tied.

In the final round there would be many tied candidates because once you reach the quota the surplus votes are transfered. It is near impossible for the most votes clause to refer to the final round of a PR-ST election.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 11:55:59 PM »

In the final round there would be many tied candidates because once you reach the quota the surplus votes are transfered. It is near impossible for the most votes clause to refer to the final round of a PR-ST election.

Ah, I see. I still think that it needs be rewritten in way to make it clear that the person with the most first preferences becomes Lieutenant Governor, so I have introduced a different amendment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies