Seriously, how did Harry Reid get so rich? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:45:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Seriously, how did Harry Reid get so rich? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seriously, how did Harry Reid get so rich?  (Read 4189 times)
Link
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

My understanding is Reid doesn't like shady deals...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2012, 01:08:22 PM by Link »

To all my right leaning friends lets be very clear.  Romney has lied about his taxes before.  This is a fact.  He asked us to trust him.  We of course didn't and once he finally released his taxes we found out he lied.  Not a good track record.

The second thing is Harry Reid is NOT a major party's nominee for president of the United States.  Please stop with the false equivalency.  Explain why your guy is behaving in this manner.  Don't go to down ticket politicians and start applying novel standards to them.  Just explain why your guy who has already been caught lying doesn't want to show us his taxes.  Is he lying again?

And of course the third thing is Romney's $100 million IRA.  Let's be clear.  NEVER in the history of this country has anyone had a $100 million IRA.  Romney is nowhere near the richest person in the US.  He is a small fish compared to even Mark Zuckerburg.  What separates Romney from the megawealthy is none of them have a $100 million IRA.  The amount of ink righties are spilling about Harry Reid's TOTAL of $10 million in assets is comical when the $100 million IRA elephant is sitting in the the room.  I've seen $10 million net worths from pretty mundane people lots of times.  My parents aren't senators, well connected, financiers nor industrialists and they've got a few million.  They don't have a 100 million IRA though.

I have yet to hear anyone, not a Koch brother, not a Foster Friess, not a Sheldon Anderson come out and say "yeah 100 million in an IRA is normal."  Frankly quite the opposite.  So let's take a break from going through Reid's relatively paltry 10 million and ask some questions about $100 million IRA guy who lies about his taxes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies